• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Goodbye, NSX...

i finally sold my 1998 to a gentleman from the bay area. the truck arrives tomorrow morning (new years day) to pick it up and ship it.

although i'll be NSX-less for a couple of years (we bought a new MDX with all the options), we'll still hang around here now and then to keep up. i'll probably keep my NSXCA membership as well.

anyway, thanks for the help over the past year... see you around.

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108
-My other car is a 767-

[This message has been edited by Number 6 (edited 31 December 2002).]

not at all... she probably loved the car more than i did...

we just needed more seats for the short term... plus we bought a big ass house this past june... and she REALLY likes the voice-activated navigation system in the new MDX...
smile.gif

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108
-My other car is a 767-

[This message has been edited by Number 6 (edited 01 January 2003).]

:: she REALLY like the voice-activated navigation system in the new MDX...

heck, i like the sounds of that too!!! cool!
smile.gif

------------------
NeoNSX
If the Matrix is real, then the NSX is just a figment of your imagination.

Heck, you can do voice navigation in any car with a cell phone. Just dial 1-800-555-TELL and use the "driving directions" application.

BTW, in the interest of full disclosure, I own a bunch of shares and it's a private, pre-IPO dot-com - except that it's alive and making money...

Did the same thing a few years ago "larger home purchase", and the SUV, but we needed the additional room for kids. Sorry to see you go, but the cars never really leave and you'll get something again. Be safe in the air.

Originally posted by Number9:
Heck, you can do voice navigation in any car with a cell phone. Just dial 1-800-555-TELL and use the "driving directions" application.

BTW, in the interest of full disclosure, I own a bunch of shares and it's a private, pre-IPO dot-com - except that it's alive and making money...

You'll be interested to know that I already use the 1-800-555-TELL, I think its a great service.

So you're makin some ca$h off me.... but at least I know its going to a good place
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KODIAC (edited 01 January 2003).]

tom...

thanks for the good thoughts. i've actually weathered the 9-11 storm pretty well... my airline isn't on everyone's "may soon be deceased" watchlist, thankfully.

my wife and i decided that we will have another NSX in a couple of years. this was my second one (had a '95 previously) so i now know that there are others out there... probably be looking at a 2002 or 2003... maybe even a new one if we like the redesign to come...

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108
-My other car is a 767-

Originally posted by Number 6:
i finally sold my 1998 to a gentleman from the bay area. the truck arrives tomorrow morning (new years day) to pick it up and ship it.

although i'll be NSX-less for a couple of years (we bought a new MDX with all the options), we'll still hang around here now and then to keep up. i'll probably keep my NSXCA membership as well.

anyway, thanks for the help over the past year... see you around.

I just got a black/black MDX a month ago. Its not bad for an SUV/minivan hybrid. I just installed some Acura Chrome sidesteps and wood shift knob, and they look great in the MDX. If you are going to accessorize, try www.hondacuraworld.com. (They also have NSX stuff)
Have you gone to www.acuramdx.org?
Good site. Lots of info. Lots of anal-retentive MDX owners too.

Rick
2003 Black/Ebony MDX
2001 Yellow NSX-T

Number 6
& Rick
I'll see you around in the acuramdx.org
What is your nickname there?

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

Originally posted by Number 6:
not at all... she probably loved the car more than i did...

we just needed more seats for the short term... plus we bought a big ass house this past june... and she REALLY likes the voice-activated navigation system in the new MDX...
smile.gif

For more seats...my wife and kids can take the bus!! Just Kidding
smile.gif
Sorry you had to let it go.

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

Originally posted by tewills:
For more seats...my wife and kids can take the bus!!

Hey, if Number 6 needs more seats for Trish and the kids, he can take them in the 767.
wink.gif

Good luck to you Kaye...

Too bad you can't keep them both... It's nice to have the capacity and winter capability of the MDX and yet the feel, handling and acceleration of the NSX...

Originally posted by insx:
Number 6
& Rick
I'll see you around in the acuramdx.org
What is your nickname there?

I use the same username on both sites, so I don't have to remember two usernames. I will look you up on the "other" forum!

Rick
Fort Myers, Florida

thanks everyone...

i appreciate all the good thoughts. we'll be back in the fold in a couple of years. we'll still hang out here now and then...

i'm keeping the same name over on the MDX forum... whoever said they were kind of anal was right... you need to look at the signature blocks... they list everything they have on the car right down to the windshield wipers and floor mats!

take care everyone... and be careful out there...

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108
-My other car is a 767-

Originally posted by Number9:

What a great tip!!! This is up there with the NSX secrets thread for usefulness. I just tried it for a bit, and am thrilled!

It is better for stock quotes than the brokerage firm supplied ones I have been using (since you can set it so no login is needed, and editing your list is much easier)

It is way better for getting traffic info than waiting for it to come on the radio (and usually forgetting and missing it), plus I can specify the specific road(s) I care about.

And if I am ever lost, the driving directions are great too (although I would write them down rather than use them the optimal way of holding the call and then saying next after each turn, since I don't have unlimited minutes).

What a great tip, Number9! Thanks. I'm going to look into buying some stock myself in fact!

------------------
Chip Alexander
'97 Blue/Tan NSX-T with Tubi Exhaust, Fiamm Horn
'92 Green/Tan Lexus SC400 Coupe
'02 Blue/Tan BMW 325iT Sportwagon

Back