• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Google Chrome

I'm posting on it right now. :)
I like it but it's not better than IE. Maybe cause I've been using IE for a trouble-free 10+ years.
Also, the little scroll pad on my laptop lets me scroll the screen down but not back up. This is def a Chrome issue since it works normally on IE.

So-so I'd say, I really see no reason to keep it though.

Last edited:
I'm curious to try it out. I want to see how much memory it uses compared to FF, which can be a memory pig after a day or two. Much of the performance increase claims for Chrome seem to come from much faster Javascript execution. Mozilla claims FF3.1 will have its Javascript completely redone and claims it will also have blazing performance, so we'll see.

I seriously doubt there will be any sort of AdBlock extension for this thing (does Google condone popup ads?). Think about how the Big G makes its money to develop this thing to start.

Hope a MAC version comes out soon. looks pretty cool.

Not bad. I like the layout of firefox better but only cuz im used to it

seems to be unstable with shockwave as well. For beta, very cool though.

FF is still my favorite as well.

Google says they set out to make a stable browser, and touts their approach to development and testing. (They have a huge store of web pages on hand to automatically test each new build of the browser against.) In light of that, I was surprised that I saw as many bugs as I did in Chrome. First impressions count, especially if you're trying to break into an arena with established players.

I know that a beta release will have flaws, but some of the bugs I encountered were pretty obvious.

Chrome is a little shy on features, but I imagine they'll add more with time.
And I'll be more interested when the Linux version comes out.

i've been using it a little-- it has great potential. i can see the next versions of IE copying Chrome features. How knows in a few years insteading of saying "i surfed the net" we'll be saying "I went chroming". :p :D

Last edited:
Youguys read the legal fine print? You may want to second think using chrome.

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services."

On the topic of Google Chrome, I just recently switched to it since FF was starting to give me a lot of issues (ie. kept crashing)

that said, I think someone should design an 'NSX Theme' for the browser window =D

Back