• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got CTSC!! (new blower design) <Big Smile>

Wheelman said:
Ok, I understand now.

So the pulley that is on your car now, is not the same pulley included in my kit. Or did Shad use your pulley for the baseline on the new kits?

The hi-boost pulley won't work, so I am gonna go with the standard 6 lb pulley in the kit w/ the AEM set-up. I am hoping to get some good results from that.

Sorry if I misunderstood your original question... because I don't know when you bought your CTSC kit.

The new 3.2L 6 PSI CTSC kit with the Autorotor blower (as of 10/5/05) is precisely based on the setup that's currently in my car ('05 3.2L). My car has the production CTSC parts, not prototype parts. A larger diameter pulley replaces the original smaller pulley used with the Whipple blower.

I'm pretty sure CT didn't start shipping the 3.2L 6 PSI CTSC kit with the Autorotor blower until after it was fine tuned and proven out on my car.

If CT shipped you a 3.2L 6 PSI CTSC kit with the Autorotor blower, then I would conjecture that you have the same pulley that's in my car.

Last edited:
So are you saying they no longer do a high-boost kit? Sounds like to me it would be good to go with the smaller pulley, throw in the injectors and AEM and make some serious power.

"So are you saying they no longer do a high-boost kit? Sounds like to me it would be good to go with the smaller pulley, throw in the injectors and AEM and make some serious power."

One step ahead of you NetViper :wink: . Unfortunately, I thought the new hi-boost kit that Chris sold was for the new supercharger when in fact it is based on the previous generation. Chris was nice enough to give me credit back or refund for the pulley/belt that comes with the new kit. Kudos to SOS.

Brad at Autologic is gonna look into having a smaller pulley fabricated for a little bit more boost. :cool:

NetViper said:
So are you saying they no longer do a high-boost kit? Sounds like to me it would be good to go with the smaller pulley, throw in the injectors and AEM and make some serious power.

The last I heard, CT was planning on developing a higher boost SC kit using the Autorotor that would use bigger injectors, a smaller pulley and a new device used to remap fuel instead of using the current ESM (voltage-clamping device). This device would be based on the one used in the 04 and later Acura TL CTSC kits. When they will begin this effort is not clear yet. But I've already offered up my car as a test bed. :cool:

Wheelman said:
"So are you saying they no longer do a high-boost kit? Sounds like to me it would be good to go with the smaller pulley, throw in the injectors and AEM and make some serious power."

One step ahead of you NetViper :wink: . Unfortunately, I thought the new hi-boost kit that Chris sold was for the new supercharger when in fact it is based on the previous generation. Chris was nice enough to give me credit back or refund for the pulley/belt that comes with the new kit. Kudos to SOS.

Brad at Autologic is gonna look into having a smaller pulley fabricated for a little bit more boost. :cool:

If you have an AEM and the injectors are large enough to support the additional fuel needs of running more boost, then all you need to make it a high boost kit is a smaller pulley, and a little retune.

Based on the info on Comptech's website and conversations with Shad, the new kit should also provide lower intake air temps, maybe 10-15% lower, not allot but still lower. The other benefit if you are running an AEM (may not be using the stock ECU) is the blower does not run out of steam at 7k RPM like the old whipple does. That means a higher peak HP output. Also changes in the intake design may allow for an after cooler to be placed at the blower outlet, something needed if you intend to run a high boost kit at the track. Spin the new blower design with a smaller pulley, could be a true high boost kit, not what the old high boost kit was. The proof will be in the dyno, but 400 rwhp should be possible with 550cc injectors, AEM and smaller pulley.

I may have to upgrade, if anyone wants to buy a three year old high boost let me know.

Dave

Talked to Shad today over the phone. They do have a smaller pulley available for the new Autorotor S/C that is part of the new Hi-Boost Kit which is still under development. The standard 6lb kit for the 3.2 comes with a 4 inch pulley while the new pulley is 3.6 inches. The Comptech part# is 352-078-4 and it's only $109. :smile: Unfortunately, Shad could not give me any specifics on how much boost this would produce. Untested and uncharted so far..I am starting to feel like William Shatner :biggrin:

(What kind of $$ are you talking about for a AEM and 6 injectors? I am only curious what the hp/$$ ratio is.)

The ratio is always upside down in this game, you know that :biggrin:

Rumors are that there will be an aftercooler in the future for the new Comptech kits. Hopefully we can see them in a couple of months.

Shumdit said:
What kind of $$ are you talking about for a AEM and 6 injectors? I am only curious what the hp/$$ ratio is.

AEM = 1300-1400.00
AEM FPR = 250-300.00
Walbro Fuel Pump = 150-200.00
New Pulley = 100-150.00
RC Engineering 550cc injectors (6) = 475.00-525.00

A good tune = Priceless

If you are running over 6lbs of boost on the stock ECU, you are asking for troubles, to much timing to be safe. Unless Comptech finds a solution for the timing issue other than running the car way too rich (the old high boost solution), the stock ECU should go before the high boost setup is put on.

Dave

I have an AEM on there just waiting for some tunability issues and the new pulley. Currently, the car idles roughly at 500 rpm with the new AEM kit for the OBD II?

When does it ever end!?!?! Someone stop the madness!!!! :tongue:

Back