• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got CTSC!! (new blower design) <Big Smile>

My understanding is the OEM one does not need to be replaced due to lack of "beef" but rather interference with the CTSC. I was thinking a lower height might fit under the OEM bar, which would save about $600-700

It has been the pulley that causes the issue.

I guess the question is how lower does the blower sit now and is that enough to compensate the marginal differnece in the pully size and clear the cover. Did Comptech try it with the OEM cover?

Hrant said:

I guess the question is how lower does the blower sit now and is that enough to compensate the marginal differnece in the pully size and clear the cover. Did Comptech try it with the OEM cover?

I don't think they did. But remember the pully size for the 3.2L kit is a bigger dia. now which would be even more of an interference problem with the cover.

I talked to my local shop and they said a DynoJet gives results 13% higher than dyno dynamics. Anyone know if that is true?

Thats really kool. It would be interesting to put a standalone and bigger injectors with the small pulley. That would really get some snap

Then of course a little aftercooler action to drop the temps, but then it seems a waste at 7 lbs boost, so maybe some low compression pistons and bring her up to 10 lbs! but you might want that AEM to dial her in!!!!

hehe welcome to the club

Hrant said:

HRANT, Looking at the old CTSC system it always looked like the input shaft housing was where the CT brace was going across, so I thought is this an inch or lower on the Autototor it might cleat the OEM brace. Then again the OEM brace may be angled differently, as I have never seen the 2 together.

Shumdit said:
HRANT, Looking at the old CTSC system it always looked like the input shaft housing was where the CT brace was going across, so I thought is this an inch or lower on the Autototor it might cleat the OEM brace. Then again the OEM brace may be angled differently, as I have never seen the 2 together.

Maybe at the next Bay Area meet, we can do the comparison between the AutoRotor and Whipple SC installations. Someone bring a tape measure. :D

RP-Motorsports said:
With the new SOS charger coming out, this new CTSC may be a waste if the SOS is around the same price. It will be MUCH easier to attatch an intercooler to the SOS setup, thus allowing safer upgraded boost levels.

Well, considering the SOS system is basically the same set-up as the BBSC from what I can tell, that means those that want the low-end TQ of a postive displacement blower will still prefer the comptech. Until a dyno of the new SoS system comes out, it is impossible to say.

The SoS setup sure does look sweet though. They did an incredible job with it. Congrats again SoS!

RP-Motorsports said:
With the new SOS charger coming out, this new CTSC may be a waste if the SOS is around the same price. It will be MUCH easier to attatch an intercooler to the SOS setup, thus allowing safer upgraded boost levels.

IMHO, the Comptech unit will never be a waste unless someone else steps up to the plate for us poor California guys and gets CARB approval for their FI system.

Otto

Yes, they announced it earlier today. It will be out in Dec. and is similar to the Dali Boostzilla that never (or at least has not yet) made it to production.

Ko-nsx said:
SOS has a new S/C?
yes, and you can use this new thing called "the internet" to view it here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58494

ok, sorry to be a wise-ass... it's early, i'm stuck in a hotel room on the road, watching some damn re-run on the vietnam war.

<sigh> i wanna drive my nsx, not the rental altima.

congrats to sos on the new set-up!

otto_joe said:
IMHO, the Comptech unit will never be a waste unless someone else steps up to the plate for us poor California guys and gets CARB approval for their FI system.

Otto

Are you sure it is still certified since they swapped the SuperCharger? I would ask and get it in writing if I lived in Cali.

matteni said:
Are you sure it is still certified since they swapped the SuperCharger? I would ask and get it in writing if I lived in Cali.

If you are referring to the new blower the CTSC uses, then YES it is still CARB certified.

In all due respect to SOS (I have a lot of respect for them as most of you) they don't have the number of units out there, long term issues, CARB??, etc.

Looks good at this point though!! :biggrin:

Shumdit said:
If you are referring to the new blower the CTSC uses, then YES it is still CARB certified.

Both the 3.0L and 3.2L CTSC kits using the new AutoRotor blower unit have been CARB certified.

Update: I'm up in Medford, OR right now (I know, I missed the xpo). I've already put 1000 miles on my car since the CTSC intall, and so far (knock on wood) haven't had any issues, CEL's, etc... Although I did noticed a slight ping once in 3rd @ 7500 RPM but nothing since. ECU was probably in the learning mode.

quite a few choices in FI now. comptech, sos(s/c, stroker pkgs), should be an interesting 2006. This forum wil have a lot of dyno charts now.

Ko-nsx said:
quite a few choices in FI now. comptech, sos(s/c, stroker pkgs), should be an interesting 2006. This forum wil have a lot of dyno charts now.

Hopefully, CT will come out with a Stage II kit in 2006 like they've been talking about.

Huh? Stage 2?

Start talking! Bigger charger, cooling, what?

White94 said:
Huh? Stage 2?

Start talking! Bigger charger, cooling, what?

As stated in the original post "stage II kit (bigger injectors, smaller pulley and a black-box)". According to Shad, the black-box will probably originate from the '04-05 Acura TL CTSC kit which allows for fuel and injector duration/timing remapping.

I'm sorry but isnt the paxton a CF S/C versus comptech using the PD/TS S/C (Positive Displacement, twin screw...)

Back