• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grade 9 student murder, WITNESS ACCOUNT, MEDIA REPORT translated.

I thought this would be more easy for those concerned to find.

PLEASE I NEED YOU TO READ TO THE END. I HAVE FOUND SUCH SOURCES, WITNESS ACCOUNTS, AND MEDIA REPORTS. they were rare. When I typed in Pusan Kaesong Highschool Murder Incident in Korean, it was interesting to see that no official report was done by major media companies except KBS, and all of them were found on PERSONAL HOMEPAGES or BLOGS.

http://www.google.ca/search?client=..._s&hl=en&q=부산+중학교+살인&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

Korean to English Translation

all english based korean media are keeping silent.
I will provide all the sources I can regarding this incident. I couldn't find it in any major Korean media. However, there are myriads of blogs relating to this incident.

I managed to find one official article on KBS(Korean Broadcast System), a major Korean media. However, little is discussed.

Here are some detailed articles (in Korean translated best i can into english)
Streaming Video provided in Korean.

http://news.kbs.co.kr/news.php?id=784946&kind=c

KBS NEWS REPORT

This month, 2 students have been the victim of school violence. One has been the victim of beating by a classmate, the other isolated and eventually commiting suicide......It seems this is a difficult matter right now in Korea."Reporter Jung here."......the school violence doesn't seem to be decreasing......

Report>

Reporter>: Today, school-violence have climbed well beyond the danger zone. A classmate beaten to death by another, another girl bullied, until she commited suicde.

Interview> Victims Family: "What angers us the most is that the strong have used violence upon the weak, and the fact that all the other classmates didn't do anything as they witnessed the murder."

Reporter>: "On 6th, of October, 2005, at a highschool in Busan, student Hong died in result of beating by a fellow student.

Interview> Victim's friend: "I cannot believe that our beloved friend is taken away from us."

Reporter>: October 1st, Hong(victim) lightly tossed a book towards his nearby friend, but accidently hit student Choi.

Interview> Victim's friend: "Choi told Hong to give him reasons why he threw the book at him. As Hong hesitated, Choi beat his fellow student with a chair."

Reporter>: During the beating of student Hong, all the peer students did not dare interfere, as Choi was feared as school's number one gangster. He was greatly feared by the students.

Interview> Victim's friend: Choi would bully even kids older than him. He knows how to fight.

Interview> Victim's friend: Everyone was afraid when Choi was beating Hong to death. Nobody dare moved. It was as if it was a fight between a mouse and an elephant. Everyone was scared to stop the fight.

Reporter> Hong went unconscious, and was rushed to hospital. He was pronounced dead on the 5th of October.

Interview> Hospital: Severe internal bleeding in brain, and excessive bleeding in the lungs. There was no way to fix this.

Reporter>: According to Hong's parents, immediately after the incident, the school announced that the investigation surrounding the death of Hong will be reduced. Hong's parents are willing to take legal action to get the truth out.

Interview> Hong's Father: Kids coming from wealthy family and family with great status are respected by the school and unharmed. I want to fix this corrupt education system of South Korea.

Reporter> Words surrounding that the school has taken bribe, and are reducing the investigation.

Interview> School staff member: Words are going around that the school has taken bribes from Choi's family. There has been no exchange of currency.

Reporter> Choi is being held for deadly assault, and is expected to be put on trial.

Interview> Police Department of Busan Staff Member: Because the assailant is under the age of 18, his relatives, and parents were called in. Choi has kicked the students head, and kicked the ribs. The punching finished the student off.
The rest of the article relates and interviews the girl who commited suicde, after being bullied. I will stop here for now.

INTERNET USERS BOYCOTT NAVER.COM AND RELATED PORTAL SITES, IN RESULT OF THE DEATH OF STUDENT HONG, BY STUDENT CHOI (Son of Naver.com President).

http://ec.ne.kr/?doc=bbs/gnuboard.php&bo_table=bbs&wr_id=198

The school claims student Choi to be a top student, and a valuable student. They greatly reduced the investigation, as well as pressuring the victim's parents so that they too could not be too open in public.

Major south korean internet search engines such as http://www.Daum.net, http://www.naver.com (equivalent to Google.com) have erased the index files linking to student Choi, as well as the incident. Any messeage board thread containing student Choi's name or the incident were deleted. Words are that Choi's wealthy parents bribed the owners in return for the censorship of their son's scandal.

The fact that Choi's name has been placed on the search engine's blacklist so rapidly and that their version of the incident is completely different, deep suspicions arise from the people.

The korean search engines and portal sites repoted that posting information about Choi is against the Internet Law of Republic of Korea, and that any further information regarding the incident will be automatically banned and removed.

The fact that this murder has taken place in a classroom, as well as this news not making the headlines, and several blogs, or personal homepages relating to the incident are being hacked and removed. Many are calling it "Cyber Terrorism."

There is a petition site, but it is constantly being hassled by the site.
This is a petition recently started(in Korean), although I have left a message in english, to show that people outside of Korea are aware of this tragedy.

Ever since the incident, there is a war between Naver.com Daum.net who claims that they have the right to protect privacy of Choi, and the thousands of internet users boycotting the use of such search engines services.

http://agora.media.daum.net/petitio...&cateNo=241&boardNo=7435&first=false&pageNo=1

WITNESS ACCOUNT. FRIEND OF VICTIM.

This is a witness's testimonial addressed to the Blue House( South korea's equivalent to the White House in America.) ,found on the School Board of Busan Province, South Korea.

http://www.pen.go.kr/sub5/sub5_04.php?mode=view&db=praise_board&no=2245&page=4&select=&search=

"I have witnessed the murder of my fellow student Hong Sung-In. However, I fear for what will happen to me if I reveal my identity. I will tell you how it all happened. My friend Hong Sung-In listend and worked hard during class. Didn't study much(better than fucking bastard Choi) . Anways, Hong went to return the math textbook he borrowed from the neighbor class, As he went to pass the book, Choi moved and the book BRUSHED him. My friend Hong said "Sorry," and tried to get out. As Hong was walking out, Choi called him and told him to give him 5 reasons why he hit him. For each reason, Choi punched him directly to the chest. Hong tried didn't scream, and Choi appeared to be embarrassed that his punches weren't making Hong scream. So Choi called Hong again, and this time he kicked Hong who collapsed. Then Choi jumped on Hong's chest with his full weight. After 3 minutes of continual beating, Hong lost consciousness, and foam started forming around his mouth. I regret it so much. Everyone was afraid that if they tired to stop him they would get beat too. What comes next is worse. Hong already unconsciouss, and foam coming out of his mouth, was beaten with a chair by Choi. Suddenly, the Gym teacher came in, and separated Choi, and called 119 Emergency.

The teacher didn't say a word to Choi.

The hospital was only 1 minute drive in a Taxi. However, we had to wait till the ambulance got here 20 minutes after. Already, my friend Hong was dead, he lived with an artificial respirator. For the days following, he couldn't get any operation done, because any operation would result in death. For 4 days, Hong was in this situation in the hospital. Then he finally died.

On Choi(assailant)'s personal homepage, he posted the following message to his friends.

"Don't worry guys, I might not go to jail after all."

Believing in the power and wealth of his parents, he shows know remorse for commiting murder.

Today, all the big corporate search engines and portal sites are masking this incident. This is wrong.

I beeseech the government to bring justice. "

What's more shocking is the letter by Hong's Mother. But I dont think i have the right to post her message without permission. All the sources i have provided above are genuine, and translated the best I could.

TO ROBR,

I don't have any email listings of the media in America. Do you think you could help me out? Should send them these translations? I don't know what to do, and I will greatly appreciate it if this could be somehow made noticed to the public in America, Canada.

Once again thank you to all NSXprime.com readers. Your attention is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back