• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5 FINALLY coming on November 2, 2010

Latest coming from TGS 2010 (game IS still on track for November 2 in U.S. and November 3 in Japan):

• Laguna Seca has been completely rebuilt and will return for GT5. Trial Mountain has also been confirmed.
  • “Gran Turismo Anywhere” will allow you to manage B-Spec races, right from your computer. You’ll be able to hold B-Spec races with your friends from anywhere in what are called “Remote Races”.
  • GT5 will feature a series of special events such as the Karting Experience, the AMG driving school, The Stig Challenge, Jeff Gordon NASCAR School, Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge, and Gran Turismo Rally.
  • Point-to-point rally stages will be automatically and randomly generated – you’ll have to depend on your co-driver to give you the best instructions about the road ahead.
  • Rally mode can be played either on or offline.
  • Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.
  • Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.
  • Polyphony Digital has helped Red Bull Racing’s Adrian Newey design the X1 Concept – an “ultimate” racing car, free of any technical regulations.
  • Polyphony Digital has worked to improve engine sounds.
  • Yamauchi admits that, in certain situations – such as standing race starts in the rain with 15 other cars on the screen kicking up spray in front of you – the game may not be able to hold 60FPS. Otherwise, it will strive to hold 60FPS as often as possible.
  • The Volkswagen Kubelwagen, which has a drive system like the first beetle, and the amphibious Volkswagen Schwimmwagen will be in the game.
  • Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

Official Tokyo Game Show 2010 Trailer:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GN6ggDfaBJ0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GN6ggDfaBJ0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

TGS Visual Effects "Weather Trailer":
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yWpZpsmBaQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yWpZpsmBaQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

TGS Red Bull Prototype X1 Trailer:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTCRzN7vOfk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTCRzN7vOfk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Damn I might actually finally be tempted to pick up a PS3 if they actually release this game.

Dam it. You guys had to bump this thread which led me to waisting 3 hrs downstairs in my HT playing GT5, which I haven't done in over a year.

damage physics and graphics yay

1juc87.jpg

3148nxd.jpg

and finally i'm gonna fire my lazer

2hqvyuh.jpg

These damage graphics are laughable at best.

Just bought a Logitech G27 wheel. You can get 25% off at Logitech until tomorrow.

We’re celebrating the PAX 2010 Gaming Festival all month with a sale on ALL of our gaming gear. Until October 1st, order any Logitech gaming product and save 25%*. You’ll even get free shipping** on most items.
Just use coupon code: LOGIGAME-910

Gran Turismo 5 NOT coming on November 2, 2010

Just posted on the PlayStation Blog: "Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season."

While this technically is the first official postponement of the game's release date, it certainly does not feel that way.

I just don't know what to say.

surprise surprise.

Gran Turismo is turning into the car game version of Duke Nukem. How many times was that delayed? :rolleyes::biggrin:

Hold on let me get my surprised face ready.. :eek: I don't believe it!

What would give the creators a reason to delay GT5's release again? With nearly 20 days till it's release...what a shame.

It's like these guys have never made a game before...

When was the first release date ever announced? Early 2009 correct?

Last edited:
My G27 wheel stays in the box a bit longer :mad:

Re: Gran Turismo 5 NOT coming on November 2, 2010

Just posted on the PlayStation Blog: "Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season."

While this technically is the first official postponement of the game's release date, it certainly does not feel that way.

I just don't know what to say.

I bet this turns into a case study for MBA students....

Forza 4 will probably be out before this. :biggrin: At least it'll be the 'almost' definitive racing experience. ( no porsche if i remember correctly or was it lambo's?)

Why it's delayed

Driving simulator Gran Turismo 5 was penciled in for a November 2 release. Good thing that was pencil. The game has been delayed, and its creator has taken to Twitter to explain why.

"Apologies for the delay," Yamauchi tweeted. "It's because time and labor were spent ironing the kinks out of [the game's] complex system. I'm really sorry. Everyone, it's inexcusable... Wait a little longer."

With a development price tag of US$60 million plus, Gran Turismo 5 was first shown at the E3 gaming convention in 2006. GT5 was dated for March 2010 for Japan, but the game was delayed. It was then slated for November 2. It will not make that early November release.

According to Sony, "Creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches."

Sony spokesperson Satoshi Fukuoka told Reuters that "production difficulties" caused the delay.

Gran Turismo 5 is currently slated for this "holiday season". The holiday season in Japan carries over into early January with the New Year holidays. Sony would not clarify to Kotaku whether the game will be out by the end of 2010 or in early 2011.

In another tweet, Yamauchi stated that he thought players would have to wait until the end of the year. Kotaku has also followed up with series creator to confirm if the game will be out in 2010, but has not heard back.

Last edited:
game looks awesome indeed. this is almost as bad as "nsxs gone wild" :tongue:

I would be so pist off if the cars sounds like shit.

These guys are pulling off the greatest prank since Andy Kaufman and Tony Clifton. It's awesome to see how they keep stringing 'em along and just when you think they've lost it, they keep reeling them back in, only to string them along yet again! Genius! :tongue::biggrin:

These guys are pulling off the greatest prank since Andy Kaufman and Tony Clifton. It's awesome to see how they keep stringing 'em along and just when you think they've lost it, they keep reeling them back in, only to string them along yet again! Genius! :tongue::biggrin:

Because they know whatever they do, everyone will still buy it. But i do believe they are trying to make the best game possible. besides all the financial considerations.

It will be release on black Friday or just weeks before Christmas... it's all a ploy to make more money. Mark my words. :)

Back