• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grip and loose weight...ask me how (Clutch)

Hey folks,
Wanted to share with you that I purchased a performance Clutch from Autowave here in Hunnington Beach CA. This is a new clutch they have developed. I was a bit nervious purchasing one of the first and no going stock. I recived the completed car Friday.

When I got in the first time, it took me a few starts to get the hang of the new feel. Between the lighter overall spun weight and the tighter grip. I had some trouble getting started. Actually stalled it once (havent done that since my first ride!). now, a hundred or so miles later... I'm really getting to love the overall clutch. Here is what I have experienced:

• The lighter weight makes the car rev really nicely. I hit the gas to the floor from Idle and imediately let off. The engine shoots up to about 5k. feels really good..
  • The grip is really tight. You can feel the grip of the clutch and feels very sure when shifting. I've not been able to really give it some push, since I'm in the breakin period. However, I cant wait! the guy who purchased the first one mentioned he could chirp the tires going into 3rd! at 80mph, that is tight!
  • One of the more amazing things for me is the clutch tension. the pedal feels pretty close to the same as the stock version. It just seems to have a more crisp grab point.

I've asked Shane to provide some stats when he gets a chance, but all I can say is this seems to be a great unit and the feel is much lighter, more performance grip and an easy pedal to push in traffic. Cant ask for more than that!

If your in the market for a clutch, make this one to consider. I'll try to update this as I go forward and get to really try this sucker out...

Back