• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grom USB or BT

Looking for opinions.

I know that I can add Bluetooth to a Grom USB adapter, or go with the Grom BT adapter, and sacrifice the USB connection.

The USB with BT dongle, a touch over $200. The BT $140.

Just looking for opinions from folks who have one or the other. I would like to have USB for my iPod and BT for my phone. But since I have all the music on my phone, I don't know if I would ever use the iPod anymore. I will almost always choose a wired connection over wireless connection for audio, but don't know if the extra $70 is worth it (or having to run past my other half).

I have both, but really just use the usb since I like to charge the phone. You can also just add the BT adapter later.

might be a bad quesiton, but from an Iphone are you able to stream music via spotify, or does it only support iTunes playlists?

(first post, car just showed up last week!)

might be a bad quesiton, but from an Iphone are you able to stream music via spotify, or does it only support iTunes playlists?

(first post, car just showed up last week!)

Congrats!

I have USB grom connected to the CD Changer cable behind the driver seat. I love it! I can play pandora, Spotify, YouTube, you name it. It charges my iPhone super fast. I’m going to sell it soon because I’m going double din if anyone is interested.

Congrats!

I have USB grom connected to the CD Changer cable behind the driver seat. I love it! I can play pandora, Spotify, YouTube, you name it. It charges my iPhone super fast. I’m going to sell it soon because I’m going double din if anyone is interested.

thanks for the info.

wondering if anyone has the bluietooth version? kinda like the idea of keeping the dash looking oem, but double din isnt out of the question.

I installed the Grom USB3 box yesterday and so far so good. I ran into a small problem with my system. My skip forward button on my stereo (preset #4 ) doesn't work. That is a problem with my stereo, and i can always skip forward on my phone or iPod (yes iPod).

I do ask the question though, can I use the skip back button when first selecting the CD to switch inputs on the Grom? When and if I add the Bluetooth adapter I may need a work around to select the second input. Or perhaps one day I'll pull out the stereo and fix the preset buttons as a couple are less than fully effective.

Thanks Hass for the Grom. I hope you are enjoying your double din system.

I installed the Grom USB3 box yesterday and so far so good. I ran into a small problem with my system. My skip forward button on my stereo (preset #4 ) doesn't work. That is a problem with my stereo, and i can always skip forward on my phone or iPod (yes iPod).

I do ask the question though, can I use the skip back button when first selecting the CD to switch inputs on the Grom? When and if I add the Bluetooth adapter I may need a work around to select the second input. Or perhaps one day I'll pull out the stereo and fix the preset buttons as a couple are less than fully effective.

Thanks Hass for the Grom. I hope you are enjoying your double din system.

I installed the BT version and use a vent mounted wireless charging holder to charge the iphone. Works great together!

Back