• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ground clearance as a daily driver

I can angle the car a bit exiting the driveway, but it isn't very wide. The approach up the driveway is definitely better vs down; my 1st gen doesn't scrape at all going up. I suppose a very inconvenient option would be to back down the driveway every time, but it is long, narrow and steep so would definitely make leaving my house more difficult.

East bay area are notorious for these hills and tiny driveways (Berkeley, Alamo) come to mind right away when we visit a friend's place....you already know this but backing down the driveway is one way but may not be practical. Short of that, you will need a lift kit or park on the street. Told my wife we would never live in those kinds of areas but the views are nice, so kinda a trade-off.

Our advice is either lift kit or get a different car that has a lift kit. Scraping everyday your car won't last long for sure and your driveway is not like those curbs where you can put a piece of wood or something to avoid the incline.

Good luck!

Looking at most of the exotics out there, the NSX Gen2 is the lowest of the low. An R8 has more clearance than a NSX Gen1. Both the clearance and the angle on the GEN2 NSX are some of the lowest in the car industry. Why Acura didn't provide a lift from the factory, I do not understand. I know it is all about air flow, but where I am from we have potholes deeper than 3.7" and manholes that stand up higher than that as well.
The iLIFT system looks to be a must have.

Looking at most of the exotics out there, the NSX Gen2 is the lowest of the low.>> I agree that it should have come with factory lift and it's pretty low.

I know of at least one car way worse- my 2016 Z06 with the carbon splitter up front scrapes way more than the Gen2 nsx.

Last edited:
I know of at least one car way worse- my 2016 Z06 with the carbon splitter up front scrapes way more than the Gen2 nsx.
The 2016 Z06 is 4.25", the 2017 NSX is 3.7". Approach angle has much to do with it as well, the Z06 has a long nose infront of the wheels. Good to know,
Thanks.

Last edited:
Looking at most of the exotics out there, the NSX Gen2 is the lowest of the low. An R8 has more clearance than a NSX Gen1. Both the clearance and the angle on the GEN2 NSX are some of the lowest in the car industry. Why Acura didn't provide a lift from the factory, I do not understand. I know it is all about air flow, but where I am from we have potholes deeper than 3.7" and manholes that stand up higher than that as well.
The iLIFT system looks to be a must have.

My belief is that the emphasis of the project was on performance and they missed a lot of points about the exotic car experience that were right in front of their noses (just look at what the other exotic car makers offer). This is why I continually call Turd a Jack Pass for fumbling all the good effort in making an excellent car but not for folks who live in a luxury condo tower or have a preference for yellow or who like to be respected while they wait for their car to be built.

Back