• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group buy/install Clear Bra (Bay Area)

Just had my 02 done by Sam and his shop. I had the full front bumper, full hood, fenders, lights and mirrors done...it came out very nice. Plus, I was at their grand opening and won one of the raffle prizes, so I got $400.00 off of the install price:biggrin: Kudos to Sam and crew from another satisfied customer.

Clayton

Hey Guys, I'm a So Cal guy but Sam came over to my house and did a full hood, full fender, upper bumper only, and mirrors on my car.

However, I got a question for those of you who used Sam. Did you watch him remove your Acura emblem in the front when he was doing your hood? Based on a previous customer's recommendation, he said I should buy a brand new "A" emblem to use it on my car. Sam usually removes the emblem, and reinstalls it using non OEM adhesive tape that makes it looks raised since the tape is usually thicker.

Sam didn't use my new emblem even though I told him it was a special order item and could not be returned. He still went through the trouble of installing my old one by using non OEM double sided tape. This worries me. I'm afraid he might have just cut off the prongs, left it in the bumper, which is why he needed to reuse my old emblem. I cannot confirm this at the moment, but that seems like a hack job to me. I would have much rather him not cover that area than to do that. I will probably look into this in more detail on Thursday, but wanted to see if any of you noticed this.

Thanks,
Ryan

When Sam and crew worked on my car, I watched it through the whole process and was amazed at the workmanship and service that these guys provide. They did remove the emblem on the bumper, and everything was in tact before and after they placed the emblem back on. From what I've heard from other owners, the prongs only break off if the person does not know how to remove it correctly. The Premier crew have worked on a bunch of my cars, including my 360 and 997, and when it comes to this kind of work, there is no one I would trust other than these guys.

Back