• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Group buy/install Clear Bra (Bay Area)

I want to see how many of you are interested in this. I am in contact with Clear Bra and I can get pricing once I know how many of us there will be. They are allready putting together a group buy in Los Angeles.The kit would include hood, fenders, intake, trunk, bumber, mirrors and roof.

Here is pricing from Southern Calif group buy

Kit A includes:
Hood, Fenders (pre 2002 includes headlamp covers).

Kit B includes:
Hood, Fenders, Side View Mirrors, Top Bumper, Bumper, Spoiler (lower bumper).

Kit C includes everything above plus:
Cab top (front edge of roof), top door pillars, door edge guards, door handle guards, rear vents, rear bumper.

Body Kit includes:
Lower panel behind rear wheel, lower side skirt panel, lower door panel.

2-3 cars:
Kit A $140
Kit B $526
Kit C $617
+
BodyKit $223

4-7 cars:
Kit A $130
Kit B $462
Kit C $567
+
BodyKit $205

8+ cars:
Kit A $120
Kit B $423
Kit C $518
+
BodyKit $185

Also, if you want to do a non NSX car, just mention it and it helps out your and this group buy’s pricing.

Please post which kit you are interested in so we can figure out which bracket we fall under.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested!!! Couple of questions:

1) Where's the guy from? Name?
2) When's the projected date?
3) What kind of film/clear bra is he using? :confused:

Ok, they use 3M 8mil thickness. You also have the choice of Avery which comes in 8mil or 6mil. your choice again. I believe we can schedule a mobile install individually. Installer is someone they use out of Sac that will come to us. Ryan at Clear Bra uses him for his install in North Calif

FYI.

Since he is mobile, does he come to our door and perform the installation or do I need to go to Sac?

I was told he will come to us..I am still waiting to hear from the installer in person. If its not this guy it will be another person in our area. I will be in contact with Ryan and he will set up for us. As soon as I know you will know thanks

are they doing a pkg type deal?
i'm interested in just having my lights done. (how much???)

Bobolinski said:
Here is pricing from Southern Calif group buy

Kit B includes:
Hood, Fenders, Side View Mirrors, Top Bumper, Bumper, Spoiler (lower bumper).
i'm in for this. i'm located in campbell pls pm me with details if you make progress.

thx.
hal

Just in case anyone is interested, the guys I got my clear bra installed are highly recommended by the Porsche and Ferrari guys. Their name is Premier Mobile and they are based out of Nor Cal. I found them on Ferrarichat, and they've done my 360, NSX, and GT3. They are also one of the most reputable companies around. Their work is impeccable and the custom kits they use gives the best coverage around. And the best part is that they make the clear bra mostly seamless. Here are some pics.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=193765&highlight=premier+mobile

When I was doing research on the different type of "clear bras" I was told that they should be installed in an "enclosed" environment, preferably a dedicated shop, to minimize the chances of debris becoming trapped under the material. If that is the case how to the mobile guys elimnate the chances of debris? Just curious because I am still contemplating getting the bra.

ryan1926 said:
When I was doing research on the different type of "clear bras" I was told that they should be installed in an "enclosed" environment, preferably a dedicated shop, to minimize the chances of debris becoming trapped under the material. If that is the case how to the mobile guys elimnate the chances of debris? Just curious because I am still contemplating getting the bra.
I guess the key is in the skill of the installers. When they installed it on my cars, they did it in my garage. They were really meticulous in making sure everything turned out flawless. When I was initially researching for a clear bra installer, I've heard of wrinkle problems, marks on the bra, lifting, debris, etc...., but these were also from installers who had their own shops. The key is to find a reputable installer who is really experienced in what they do. From all of responses of people who've used Premier before, debris problems were never an issue. :smile: If you have any questions, try contacting them. Email is [email protected]. Tell them Erik with the red 360 sent you. :smile:

Sam from Premier Mobile does excellent work. I thought about doing clear paint protection at my shop and figured since I have been tinting for over 17 years, that I would be able to pick this up easily. Applying paint protection is similar but at the same time different than window tinting. Instead of using heat to form the window tint film to the shape of the glass before installation, you have to know how to stretch the paint protection film around the curves without leaving marks on the film.
I have since decided to give up installing paint protection and just have Sam do all the work for me. I do charge a markup from $100-$150 to cover the use of my shop as most cars usually take about 2-3 hours for an install. As with tinting, it is much better to apply this in a controlled environment and not outdoors where there is wind and dust. If anyone wants to have their vehicles done at my shop in Fremont, just let me know and I can arrange it with Sam. For NSX Prime members, I will only charge you $50 for the usage of my shop space.

Hi Guys well my research is telling me the same. The install needs to take place in a controlled inviorment for best (warrantable) results. If one of you guys who knows Premier Mobile can set up labor cost for this group buy it would be awesome. We can buy the kits directly from Ryan at Clear Bra.Complete kit should be $285 to $350.

There are alot of different types of kits available for cars and not every one of them is a good fit. I would suggest talking to Sam at Premier Mobile to see what he feels is the best fitting kit for our NSX's. The type of paint protection film he prefers is the Venture Shield which I agree is much clearer than the 3M and doesn't seem to have that orange peel effect as well as the slight bit of yellowing that I see on most of the 3M PPF installs. I had Sam install this on my wife's Civic Hybrid so if anyone wants to see his workmanship as well as the film, please contact me at (510)659-8468. Sam will be at my shop this Thursday the 26th at around 11am to do a 2005 Corvette C6. He will be more than happy to answer anyone's questions.

I'm interested.... How much does the installer charge??? Or is installation included in the price???

You can get a very good idea of how much the film patterns costs at www.xpel.com website. Just click on products and shop online and you can find your year, make, model and pick your patterns. Xpel makes very good patterns and the pricing also shows the difficulty factor for each kits install. Usually the price is what is on that website plus $150 for labor for the install. That is a general rule of thumb but if we put together a group buy, he might give everyone a better price break.

Bobolinski said:
Hi Guys well my research is telling me the same. The install needs to take place in a controlled inviorment for best (warrantable) results. If one of you guys who knows Premier Mobile can set up labor cost for this group buy it would be awesome. We can buy the kits directly from Ryan at Clear Bra.Complete kit should be $285 to $350.
Personally, I would not recommend buying the kit from one person, and then having another installer install it. The reason being, that the film or pattern may not be the one that the installer prefers. I'd say it would be best to contact the installer and see which film and pattern they prefer instead.

Guys,
Did this clear bra group buy complete? The group buy prices seem reasonable. After I get my NSX back from the shop I want to get a clear bra (3M Kit C) installed (about a month after the paint is done). I know Silver-Streak (Ariel "silver") wants to do this too.

Group buy updates?

The only problem with installing clear bra over non-factory paint is that it doesn't always guarantee against rock chips as sometimes the paint is not properly prepared or if the paint is too brittle like laquer paint. You will have to do some research with what the PPF will cover in terms of warranty if it is on an aftermarket paint job. Still better than not having anything.

Sidney,
Thanks for the tip. Brooks Motor Cars is doing the paint work, so I expect they will do it right. I'll ask Brooks what their opinion is on installing a clear bra after the paint is done. I do agree, though, its still better than nothing.

Brooks Motor Cars is where I got my top painted. Dan Kim is the owner and is very professional. His body shop is probably the most organized and ultra clean shop in the Bay Area. I am sure he will do a great job on your NSX.

How did you hear about Brooks Motor Cars?

How did you hear about Brooks Motor Cars?[/QUOTE said:
Serveral locals told me about BMC. Michael (Cairo94507) has been going there for years and recommended them. After I saw the quality of work they did on his 02+ rear valence upgrade, I decided to go with Brooks. I heard Johnathan also had his Sebring Silver completely repainted there and I know he's careful about where he gets his NSX serviced. Considering that you went there too helps to further confirm that I went to the right place.

I happened to get lucky that BMC is on my insurance companies "approved" list, and even though I know I can choose any shop I want, being on the "approved" list means its easier to get an expensive job like that covered. The car will be done next week, but then I have to let it sit for 30 days before putting the PPF on. No NSX for almost two weeks now. Painful. :frown:

So, is the group buy still on?

Back