• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Short(er) Antenna Replacement - Guppy Attack

me too, please, thanks!
--bruce

For installation, it's straight forward; I don't have an OEM Antenna, so I can't do a DIY, but here's the process:

For Installation of the Guppy Attack:

IMGP9035.JPG

From Left to Right:
1. Fender Washer - Provides an even surface for the tension washer
2. Tension Washer - Domed Wave Shape and Serrated Surface lock the Base into Position, and Prevent Loosening. This is an improvement over the 2-claw system built-into the antenna base.
3. Amplified Antenna Receiver
4. Rubber Gasket - Protects Paint, stretches over Antenna Base
5. Antenna Base, ABS and Metal, this base slips into the Rubber Gasket - Please ensure the Rubber Piece is Stretched over this Base, otherwise it will crease the rubber gasket.
6. Lock Nut, 19mm Tightens the Antenna in place, Secures from the top for a Quick Installation.
7. Antenna Mast, Screws into Place and can be Easily Removed.

---------

1. Stretch the rubber gasket piece over the Antenna Base, make sure the Base is fully seated in the gasket, otherwise it will crease the rubber when tightening.

2. Slide the fender washer, then the serrated washer, over the Guppy Attack Antenna Threaded Receiver, it should slide over the top of the retention arms.

3. Slip the Antenna Receiver, and washers, up through the antenna hole from the trunk, then slip the Antenna Base (with attached Rubber Gasket) over thread from above the fender. The oval notch in the Antenna Base should go from top to back, with the metal dome piece pointing towards the back.

4. Attack the Black Antenna Nut onto the Receiver Threads, this Secures with a 19mm Open-Ended Wrench. This does not need to be super-tight, I went hand-tight, then about 2 turns with the wrench.

5. Screw on the Antenna Mast.

prof.jpg

For the electrical contacts, the blue +12V wire from the Guppy Attack is spliced into the pink/white wire from the OEM antenna connector.

The receiver wire plugs directly into the Guppy Attack:

IMGP8908.JPG

Went to install this today and I lost the tension washer. Does anybody know where I can get one?

Back