• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT1 F1 v5.1 pics, no burnt tips

3.jpg

DSC004691.JPG

DSC00471.JPG

DSC00460.JPG

Not sure why everyone says the quad tips won't fit the 02 valance. It looks like it fits to me. Congratulations on your new exhaust and say good bye to your ear drums.

Hey brod,

Congratz on the new exhaust...didn't waste time huh....any way, got mine too today..only it's GTLW from Prime member...need help installing it???i can extend a handing tools...:biggrin:can i drive by your place and check it out???need help putting mine too...hope you don't mind..:wink:

haha yeah this took me forever to get! took an hour or so to sand and polish the blue tips off this thing..other than that, it's almost new! will install tonight after kids go to bed....

Hey brod,

Congratz on the new exhaust...didn't waste time huh....any way, got mine too today..only it's GTLW from Prime member...need help installing it???i can extend a handing tools...:biggrin:can i drive by your place and check it out???need help putting mine too...hope you don't mind..:wink:

come over if you like:) call me...

exhaust is in...looks freaking AWESOME! sound is INCREDIBLE!!!!:eek:

one question, how close can the tip get to my valance before I need to worry about heat damage? tip is kind of close (quarter of an inch, maybe slightly less) on one of the sides.....looks to be the same in the black car pictured above as well....I just dont want to damage my valance..

You know a dremal will open up that valence safely. I had to open my GT-One valence after it was painted and was no problem whatsoever. It only takes a few minutes to do. It does a nice clean job. Just an FYI. Congrats you lucky bastard.:wink:

You know a dremal will open up that valence safely. I had to open my GT-One valence after it was painted and was no problem whatsoever. It only takes a few minutes to do. It does a nice clean job. Just an FYI. Congrats you lucky bastard.:wink:

yeah im not cutting into my valance lol. it fits fine, but tip is a bit close on the passenger side. Guessing it will be fine, but will monitor the area.

thanks for the congrats lol..I will tell you, firing up this car is addicting now lol

yeah im not cutting into my valance lol. it fits fine, but tip is a bit close on the passenger side. Guessing it will be fine, but will monitor the area.

thanks for the congrats lol..I will tell you, firing up this car is addicting now lol

Funny you ask this. Mine had a little burning on the driver side... but the good thing is after it did this I took the valence back to the paint shop and when they sanded it back down and resprayed it there hasn't been an issue since. The heat had carved out a nitch.. because its only a mm or soo thats an issue it will now me just perfect.

Edit: looking at your installed pics I dont think your gonna have any problems!!

Last edited:

It's not going to work what ever u do/ it looks like it dont fit right
now sell me your exhaust :biggrin:
j/k

wht kind of polish did you use?

Chicken, bac bac bac.:biggrin:

honestly, these are too close for comfort....anyone want to trade for a single tip? lol

i'll trade yah

my JGTC are single tip :wink::biggrin:

honestly, these are too close for comfort....anyone want to trade for a single tip? lol

Jack, as I mentioned, I have about 3/8" clearance at the same point. I doubt that the 1/8" less that you have would make much of a difference.

i always feel those tips are really unrecognizable unless u look at them closedly. really hard to see if it's far way.

also, if those tips' position is a little lower to match the bottom part of valence, it will be much better.

sounds like u getting amazing on your new toy. ha

Last edited:
65.JPG

P1010012.JPG

this is what i have. it's just my personal taste. i like to make my tips to match the bottom angle of valence. i let a shop made customized tips on the stock exhaust. right side is not perfect, maybe a revised work late.

Back