• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR color rarity

I am kind of curious if anyone here knows the production numbers for GTR colors in the US. I scanned NAGTROC a bit, but haven't come up with anything but sales numbers. (Boy did the GTR sales drop off) All I see are a ton of Gun Metallic, and one white (which actually caught my eye).

What would be the most rare? And if you were gonna get one, what color and why?

I guess I should register to NAGTROC...

lol, you need to ask the gtrxtacy of nagtroc:wink:

The rarest production color for the R35 GT-R is Titanium.

My R35 is a 2010 and is White.

Ah, I see, Titanium was dropped as a color. I generally do not like white cars, even the NSX-R color (oooh, blasphemy), but the GTR in white was impressive.

Otherwise, the GTR still looks about as pretty as a bulldog. :redface:

I think darker colours look nicest on the R35's. It hides the slab sides better IMHO.

I have an older R33 GTR, which is midnight purple, which along with bayside blue of the R34 I think were the 2 nicest colours ever offered by Nissan. :)

Posted from my iPhone

Hard to beleive, but the rarest of GTR colors on US roads are the red ones if you don't count the discontinued Titanium (bronze). The 2012 cars available in a new blue and it seems to be the most popular amongst cars presently on order.Sad note: many GTR's bound for the US (including some Black Edition models) were destroyed by the Tsunami. Many people with orders have had their deliveries postponed and some B.Edition orders have been cancelled.

I think darker colours look nicest on the R35's. It hides the slab sides better IMHO.

I have an older R33 GTR, which is midnight purple, which along with bayside blue of the R34 I think were the 2 nicest colours ever offered by Nissan. :)

Posted from my iPhone

I've seen that midnight purple, crazy color. The current GTR really doesn't have anything close to that atm. Hopefully they will open up other options as production continues.

Hard to beleive, but the rarest of GTR colors on US roads are the red ones if you don't count the discontinued Titanium (bronze). The 2012 cars available in a new blue and it seems to be the most popular amongst cars presently on order.Sad note: many GTR's bound for the US (including some Black Edition models) were destroyed by the Tsunami. Many people with orders have had their deliveries postponed and some B.Edition orders have been cancelled.

I have read that exact same thing on NAGTROC about red on the GTR, and yeah, I didn't believe it. But I also read that the GTR in red is a hard sell for dealers, implying that the GTR community or people in general don't like the car in red. I'm still not sure if I believe all of this, but I've certainly seen no red GTRs around.

Where did you get your info from?

Friend of mine has a White one, it was on the Bullrun 2010 and will most likely be Bullrun 2011 too.

I do know of another Gunmetal that was "wrapped" in white

That bronze color is sic. I would love to see one in person.

And FTR, red is an atrocious color for the GTR. Terrible. Horrendous. UGLY!

That bronze color is sic. I would love to see one in person.

And FTR, red is an atrocious color for the GTR. Terrible. Horrendous. UGLY!

I dunno, I kinda like it. I might be changing my mind on the GTR. :eek:

nissan_gtr-red.jpg

nissan_gtr-red_6.jpg

Last edited:
Red is terrible on the gtr. Don't do it.

I'm curious to see the new black on the 2012s

Back