• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

H&R springs vs. Eibach

Which springs are better? I heard you can not properly adjust the camber when using the H&R springs. I am about to purchase one of the two so which one should I buy? BTW does anyone know of someone that has a used set they want to sell? Thanks in advance.

Dman,
Your info is correct with regard to the limited camber adjustment allowed by the H&R setup. I have a good friend who runs them. In fact, if your looking to buy a pair, I'm sure he'd sell them to you as he's going to be switching to Eibach's. I've been running Eibach's for about a year now and am very happy with them.

I prefer H&R as they are linear instead of progressive.

And I run my alignment as follows

Front:
Camber: -2 degree
Toe: -.05"
Caster: 9 degree

Rear:
Camber -2.8 degree
Toe: -.03"

This are measured on each corner. Not total value.

And it's kick ass at the track!!

When I get my rear noncompliance beam and toe link, I'll set the rear toe to zero.

Andrie, Is the set up you have fine for around town and highway driving? I don't take my car on the track. BTW thanks for the numbers.

The H&R and Koni setup in my car along with Dali race bars are great in the track or in the street.

If I would do it over again, I would shell some money and get a coilover such as Tein and use stock bars.

The alignment set up is a bit agressive for the street though. U will have uneven tire wear if it's for street use.

Anybody know any camber kit for front NSX? I would like to make the front to be somewhere in -2.5 degree camber.

can someone explain the effect of adjusting caster to me? what kind of effect does it have towards handling?

------------------
I know nothing about Honda NSX
http://www.geocities.com/maomaonsx

Originally posted by Dman:
Which springs are better? I heard you can not properly adjust the camber when using the H&R springs. I am about to purchase one of the two so which one should I buy? BTW does anyone know of someone that has a used set they want to sell? Thanks in advance.

You can't "properly adjust" the camber to OEM specs with ANY lowering setup, H&R or Eibach or CT or Ground Control, or DAli; unless you are willing to modify the suspension with a grinder - ask John Hanks.

Which set of springs is the "better" depends upon what your PRIMARY use for the car is.

------------------
need more info? private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

I feel my car is a bit more nimble with the H&R set up. However, I was intent on getting the Eibachs. I followed some one else's suggestion to get the H&R. I have also noticed that the front of my car appears slightly higher than the rear.

I would really LOVE to lower my car, but I do not want to sacrifice tire wear as I have never put my car on the track (yet)... AND i just love how the car looks after it's been lowered... The lines along the top of the door all the way back to the back of the car just look so much better when the car is lowered.... but my NSX is my daily driver, so I would be concerned about degradation of ride quality...

What setup would be best just for the best cosmetic effect? of course i know *any* lowering will give the car a lower center of gravity hence improving handling... but i figure if you dont lower it that much the camber wouldnt be off too badly - i know when i had a 92 prelude and i dropped it, the camber was off so bad that it would wear out my tires in a hurry... and i surely dont want this to happen again! thanks guyz

-Electro

Andrie, what's the OEM spec for the caster setting?

------------------
I know nothing about Honda NSX
http://www.geocities.com/maomaonsx

Electro,
The Eibach spring is progressive which means that the intial phase of the springs operation is rather supple, more like a stock spring. As you enter into a high speed turn and the weight transfer and corner loading forces compress the spring, it enters into a higher spring rate which provides a more aggressive feel. If you're concerned about the ride quality for daily driving, don't...you'll be just fine. As for the cosmetics, the Eibach's will drop the car about 1.3 to 1.5 inches. Once you've lowered your car, a car with oem suspension will look like a 4X4 to you! Just my personal opinion.

Back