• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

H&R Wheel Adapters

Can any one tell me where I can find H&R wheel adapters and how much I should expect to pay. After lowering my car with Eibachs I want the wheel to be flush with the fender. I have read all the previous posts but have not come across price or where to buy. Thanks for the help.

Steven,
Thanks for the info. However the link does not work.

Enrique,
Thanks for the help. Would you know of a place I can get these parts from? Will an Acura dealer have them?

Is that the wheel spacer for the specs. of your widebody?? Will these spacer part #'s work with factory fenders??I am looking for a set.

------------------

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Is that the wheel spacer for the specs. of your widebody?? Will these spacer part #'s work with factory fenders??I am looking for a set.

Depending on the wheels you have. It will work for stock wheels just fine. It will not work for most aftermarket wheels as the wheels will stick too far. Depending on the size and offset of the wheels.

I run 94 up wheels and uses 25mm spacers all the way around. I like it better than the 15mm in the front. I actually like to get thicker spacers in the rear, maybe 40mm, but H&R in US don't make one. I believe, gheba uses 40mm in the rear.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:

<snip>

I run 94 up wheels and uses 25mm spacers all the way around. I like it better than the 15mm in the front. I actually like to get thicker spacers in the rear, maybe 40mm, but H&R in US don't make one. I believe, gheba uses 40mm in the rear.

And all this time we thought Andrie was fast because of talent and not tricks of the trade that he is now disclosing, let me count the ways .......
wink.gif

For those who do not follow our track events, Andrie is still the fastest guy in his red non-SC NSX (it must be the red color) ........ the rest of us - at least the smart ones LOL - have given up on trying to catch his draft in order to keep pace with him - his arsenal of tricks and wallet is way ahead of us ..........
biggrin.gif

Just kidding Andrie, keep pushing the envelope to humiliate the rest of us .....
biggrin.gif

Hrant,

Thanks for the compliment
smile.gif

Your comments are correct. Preparation of the car is as important if not more important than a good driver. Without a capable car, a good driver can't accomplish a good lap time.

I am a perfectionist. Maybe because of my engineering background, coupled with my experience and passion in motorsports.

I work my butt off to prepare my car the way I like it. I like to experiment with different alignment setting to dial in the characteristics of the car. Then in the track, fine tune it with shock and sway bars adjustments. Keep in mind I am working with limited resource and equipments. True I can do it with changing springs and more, but that means I need to have bunch of different spring rate, amybe a very good quality triple adjustable shocks to work with the springs. Contrary to popular belief, my car is a street car that I uses to the track occasionally. It is also true that the passed six months I only accumulated 2 track events and about 250 miles on street driving (outside from and to the track) in my NSX. And that is to places where I need to go to get the car better
smile.gif

From recent chat/discussion with one of Kumho Tech guy, for race compound, tire pressure only adjusted to get the optimal tire temperature. Which is 175-200 degree. True tire pressure can be adjusted to dial oversteer/understeer, but only to do so, as the last resort. As adjusting tire pressure to accomplish this means mean you are reducing the tire capabilities. And in a race this can mean disaster if the tires start to go away.

In preparing a car, there is only one way to do it, do an engineering guesstimate to start with, and do a bunch of testing to see if it stands. I have a stack of notes for the Civic that we built to compete in OTC. Too bad I couldn't secure enough sponsors to make OTC, as I believe we have a winning car.

Everytime you go to the track, make sure to take notes for temperature, weather condition and track condition. Go out and test your car with lap timer, and make complete notes to your suspension settings.

Remember, that no two drivers drive the same way, thus no two cars setup the same way. Also be aware as where your comfort level is. A car setup that makes you nervous, will result in slower lap time regardless if the car actually capable for better lap time than before.

ICBW, YMMV

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 28 April 2002).]

I got my HR 5mm spacer kit from king.Hey Andrie hows the bmw track car?I hope that we can get a lot of the track junkies together for nsxpo Tx!

Hey John,

the BMW is good. Just had to replace the transmission selector shaft seal and drive shaft seal. It was leaking right after my final race couple weekend ago. I was lucky it happens after the race, or I would not be able to race.

I'm still trying to allocate time to go to TX. Definitely very interested to go. Just need to find the time!

Back