• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Had a cop tail me all the way to my house for no reason.

steveny said:
Ask any cop they will tell you there are only cops and criminals.

Then those cops have some issues.....I have many friends in the Law Enforcement from Sheriffs, Homeland Security, and regular Police officers........and they are real cool people. The d!ckheads I know out there are CHP and even cops hate them.

Hugh said:
Or he was gay and thought Stick-e was kinda cute and since he was driving a nice car, might have some bucks too. :)

Haha that could be true....hmmm maybg stick-e was winking at them. j/k :tongue:

This sort of thing has happened to me on a few occasions. I have the perfect solution that makes the cop look like a complete fool!

As soon as you realize you are being tailed, just begin driving in a circle if possible. Keep making right around the same block and see how long they stay behind you. After they reallize what you have done, they will either drive off or stop and pretend to be doing something. It is quite funny to see them realize that they have been led around in circles!

JAYS NSX said:
This sort of thing has happened to me on a few occasions. I have the perfect solution that makes the cop look like a complete fool!

As soon as you realize you are being tailed, just begin driving in a circle if possible. Keep making right around the same block and see how long they stay behind you. After they reallize what you have done, they will either drive off or stop and pretend to be doing something. It is quite funny to see them realize that they have been led around in circles!

That's too funny! I'll keep that one in mind, lol!

The cops around here seem to be pretty good. I drive ~800 miles/week, and I don't encounter these kinds of problems and harassment, thankfully. But in case I ever encounter a "bad apple" I'll keep this silly advice in mind.;)

I had an incident this morning. My son just turned 15 and got his learners last Friday. We were driving to school this AM (I let him drive to school since it is not a hard drive) and as we are going down the highway a cop pulls out of the right hand lane right on our bumper. We were going no more than 55-56 mph in a 55 zone (I don't allow my son to exceed the speed limit at all) and he stayed right on our bumper for a miles down the highway and followed us of on the exit still on the bumper until the light at the bottom of the exit where he finally went the other direction. Needless to say my son was scared to death to not only have someone right on the bumper but for it to be a cop! He was sweating bullets, I thought I might have to take him home for a shower before he went to school.

I had another incident where a cop did the same to me a few years back going through a small town near by home. As I was getting to the city limits he pulled out and got on my bumper to the point I couldn't even see his headlights. He stayed there all the way through town (about 4 miles). Once we hit the city limits on the other side he made a U turn and left. It was very irritating sonce I wasn't speeding at all.

Most cops are cool and no problems but there a few loose apples out there.

I had one pull me over because my license plate was messed up a little. We talked about and I told him I had ordered a new one, we talked about the car for a few minutes and he let me get on my way. Very nice guy.

Overall, I'm glad their are out there doing something I wouldn't want to do for what they get paid, but like every profession there a few jerks out there as well.

druby said:
...a cop pulls out of the right hand lane right on our bumper. We were going no more than 55-56 mph in a 55 zone (I don't allow my son to exceed the speed limit at all) and he stayed right on our bumper for a miles down the highway...

I had another incident where a cop did the same to me a few years back going through a small town near by home. As I was getting to the city limits he pulled out and got on my bumper to the point I couldn't even see his headlights. He stayed there all the way through town (about 4 miles).

At least in the first example it's clear you're in the left lane. In Colorado you would have been pulled over and warned or ticketed for holding up a faster car by driving in the passing lane (by law you can only be in the left lane to pass and must move over to let a faster car by if you can, regardless of how fast you are going). It's seems they're finally starting to enforce this law.

my1stnsx said:
Denver cops or aurora cops are never nice..they give my friends trouble all the time!! They just like to give people a hard time and waste your day by pulling you over and giving you a ticket. They dont care that you've to go to court, it's your time not theirs!! I think it is a B.S. too!!

I never have a problem with Denver Cops it seems as though they always have something better to do then pull you over. When it comes to the surrounding counties like Englehood, Glendale, Greenwood Village, Aurora or Jefferson Co now that is a different story. Those counties or cities (whatever they are) just make a lot of money off of bs traffic violations. You just have to know where you are driving and where they sit. It is like Colorado blvd through Glendale, when driving those eight blocks I don't go a day with out seeing someone pulled over. Another place is Hampden from university to Sheridan. 3 different police agencies all trying to make money!

Okay, here is a question for all you guys out there who say, “Cops are just good people, blah, blah, blah……”

If cops are there to enforce the laws by the means of tickets, fines, imprisonment, etc., why do they get away with breaking the law just because they are Cops:confused: ? For example, I know several officers of the law who consistently get out of traffic violations just because they flash their badge and the other Officer rights it off as “Officer Courtesy”. What makes them better than everyone else:confused: ? Are you going to tell me that when someone becomes a Cop, they also become subhuman making it impossible for them to get into an accident at 120 MPH, killing an innocent family? If anyone else was traveling at that rate of speed they would be lucky if they didn’t go to jail and get their car impounded. However, if it was a Cop, most likely they would be let go with a “have a good day”.

I am not saying that ALL cops are bad, but come on!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hugh said:
Or he was gay and thought Stick-e was kinda cute and since he was driving a nice car, might have some bucks too. :)

LOL. hahaha.

Well whatever it was, I have decided to send this car out to Thailand soon. I need to hold this title for 2 years before I can do so.

I'm sure in a Toyota Prius, I will have a lot more peace of mind.

Come to think of it, my father told me I was looking for trouble with those red anodized rims. The more attention you draw, the more trouble you are looking for.

This is just the way I pictured my NSX back when I was still in highschool. I built it and got it out of my system. I got just about 8 months before this car qualifies to be shipped to Thailand. Tax is estimated at $25,000 USD eventhough it is a 91.:eek:

Still very cheap for what NSXes are selling in Thailand for.:smile:

Semnos_NSX said:
Okay, here is a question for all you guys out there who say, “Cops are just good people, blah, blah, blah……”

If cops are there to enforce the laws by the means of tickets, fines, imprisonment, etc., why do they get away with breaking the law just because they are Cops:confused: ? For example, I know several officers of the law who consistently get out of traffic violations just because they flash their badge and the other Officer rights it off as “Officer Courtesy”. What makes them better than everyone else:confused: ? Are you going to tell me that when someone becomes a Cop, they also become subhuman making it impossible for them to get into an accident at 120 MPH, killing an innocent family? If anyone else was traveling at that rate of speed they would be lucky if they didn’t go to jail and get their car impounded. However, if it was a Cop, most likely they would be let go with a “have a good day”.

It's a little perk with the job. Most of us get them with our own jobs in various ways. If you put the bad police over the good the ppm would be quite small.

As to profiling: I got turned around in DC once and an African American officer pulled me over while I was doing absolutely nothing wrong. When I rolled down the window he told me that I was obviously in the wrong part of town and offered to get me back on track. That may have been profiling but I was a happy camper.

Semnos_NSX said:

I think you meant "superhuman", but,,,,,,,

I'm certainly not one to say they are "good people", that's for sure, but when I think I make about twice what the average police officer makes and I sit in a nice air-conditioned office while he chases bad guys and every time he stops somebody he has to worry about whether the person has a gun ready to shoot him.......... I guess I can live with the fact that they occassionally get away with a traffic infraction now and then. :cool:

Frankly, I wouldn't do their job for twice what *I* make !!!

Back