• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler

To be honest, that's not what I heard, but it is a poorly used of parable.

Not to fuel the fire since we are supposed to treat politics lightly, but when Republican and Democrats goes to work, it is essentially a form of cold war while each side is fighting for the cause they believe in. That is the intended political system created under our Republic/Democratic society. Even some Democrats have openly called the Republicans their enemy in recent years and ask their supporters to put on marching shoes and get to "work."

The only differences is the example he used will never play golf games together, while our politicians have to in order to get things done; they certainly can't fire guns at each other or we may have another civil war.

Last edited:
ESPN in my opinion got this one wrong.

The Hank Williams Jr. song that has opened "Monday Night Football" for 20 years was not part of the opening of this week's Indianapolis-Tampa Bay game after Williams made controversial comments about President Barack Obama.

Williams compared Obama to Adolf Hitler on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends" show Monday morning.

ESPN, in a statement, said: "While Hank Williams, Jr. is not an ESPN employee, we recognize that he is closely linked to our company through the open to Monday Night Football. We are extremely disappointed with his comments, and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight's telecast."

Williams issued a statement through his publicist, saying: "Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme -- but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me -- how ludicrous that pairing was. They're polar opposites and it made no sense. They don't see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the president."

Williams, whose song "All My Rowdy Friends" has been the "Monday Night Football" theme on both ABC and ESPN since 1991, said on "Fox and Friends" that he thought House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner playing golf with President Obama "would be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu ... In the shape this country is in?"

Told by anchor Brian Kilmeade that he didn't understand the analogy, Williams said: "I'm glad you don't, brother, because a lot of people do. They're the enemy."

Asked who the enemy was, Williams said: "Obama. And Biden. Are you kidding? The Three Stooges."

Boehner played golf with Obama in June at the height of the national budget debate in Washington, D.C.

Williams, from Tennessee, has said he would run as a Republican for the U.S. Senate in 2012.

Later in the Fox interview with Williams, anchor Gretchen Carlson told Williams he used the name of one of history's most hated men to describe the president.

"Well, that's true. But I'm telling you like it is," Williams said.

Williams has been critical of Obama in the past. He campaigned for Sen. John McCain and running mate Sarah Palin in 2008, even changing the words of one of his songs, "Family Tradition," to blast Obama and the Democrats for the financial crisis the country was facing prior to that year's election.

......................But it's OK when Dem's compare Bush to Hitler. Move on.org, Democratic Congressmen, George Soros, Dick Derbin etc etc.

much ado about nothing.

to be honest, Obama doesn't measure up to Hitler. Hitler did a much better job of fixing the torn German economy ;) Way back when people used to heckle FDR about how lousy of a leader he was compared to Hitler.

Hmm, Roseanne Barr while in russia just called for the beheading of bankers and rich people for not wanting to pay more taxes for social programs.

I have a sneaking suspicion shell be keeping her next scheduled gig in the the liberal circle that is Hollywood.

To be honest, that's not what I heard, but it is a poorly used of parable.
Umm what did you hear? How can you interpret this is any other way?
ESPN in my opinion got this one wrong.

Williams has been critical of Obama in the past. He campaigned for Sen. John McCain and running mate Sarah Palin in 2008, even changing the words of one of his songs, "Family Tradition," to blast Obama and the Democrats for the financial crisis the country was facing prior to that year's election.
How did ESPN get this wrong? Why would you wanna associate yourself with someone who compared the President to Hitler?

Oh and it was Bush's fault for the financial crisis, lets be clear about that.
......................But it's OK when Dem's compare Bush to Hitler. Move on.org, Democratic Congressmen, George Soros, Dick Derbin etc etc.
When did that happen? It's not ok for anyone to compare the President to Hitler.
to be honest, Obama doesn't measure up to Hitler. Hitler did a much better job of fixing the torn German economy ;) Way back when people used to heckle FDR about how lousy of a leader he was compared to Hitler.
Wow...really?:rolleyes:
Who said that was okay? I think ESPN would have fired him for that too.
Oh look, someone who actually has some sense arrived.
Hmm, Roseanne Barr while in russia just called for the beheading of bankers and rich people for not wanting to pay more taxes for social programs.

I have a sneaking suspicion shell be keeping her next scheduled gig in the the liberal circle that is Hollywood.
No one takes her seriously, nor are her opinions asked for on a television show which claims to deal with legit news.

today's society it teaching the next generation how to winey babies.

oh it offends 3 people lets pull the ad, or what ever.

bunch of babies, grow a pair.

this shit is pety crap just ignore it or turn the channel if you dont like it.

oh my kids are seeing this on TV, well turn the TV off then they cant watch it

But you take Williams seriously? The liberal hypocrisy is astounding. I can provide hundreds of clips of liberals referring to bush Cheney tea partners every name in the book and worse. I'm pretty sure liberals have the market wrapped up on name calling.

today's society it teaching the next generation how to winey babies.

oh it offends 3 people lets pull the ad, or what ever.

bunch of babies, grow a pair.

this shit is pety crap just ignore it or turn the channel if you dont like it.

oh my kids are seeing this on TV, well turn the TV off then they cant watch it

You have it all wrong. It's not about the babies (though they do certainly exist). It's hype. It's about the media and attorneys getting paid. I don't think anybody really cares (including Obama) what 'Bocephus' says (named after a dummy).

Who cares???

care-o-meter.gif

But you take Williams seriously? The liberal hypocrisy is astounding. I can provide hundreds of clips of liberals referring to bush Cheney tea partners every name in the book and worse. I'm pretty sure liberals have the market wrapped up on name calling.

I don't see anyone disagreeing with you. The difference is none of those people are the face of Monday Night Football, a property which ESPN prefers to keep non-political.

HW Jr has the right to say whatever he wants. ESPN has the right to cancel their deal with him. And viewers have the right to stop watching ESPN.

PS: Remember when the left made the movie about Assassinating GWB? Somehow the media didn't mind that too much.

Personally I don't care what Hank Williams Jr. says. Or any other celebrity. Most of them are not exactly rocket scientists.

HW Jr has the right to say whatever he wants. ESPN has the right to cancel their deal with him. And viewers have the right to stop watching ESPN.

PS: Remember when the left made the movie about Assassinating GWB? Somehow the media didn't mind that too much.

The left made a movie about assassinating GWB? What movie was this?!? How did I miss this?

Personally I don't care what Hank Williams Jr. says. Or any other celebrity. Most of them are not exactly rocket scientists.

Exactly.. he plays in a band for the introduction of modern day gladiator battles.. not exactly a finance minister of one of the G7.

I interpreted it as a poorly executed analogy, not as a slander against Obama; but what do I know.

Last edited:
This whole Hank Williams thing only shows how stupid some people are not to understand what's meant by analogy.

Wiliams did not call Obama "Hitler" nor did he equate or compare him to Hitler in any way whatsoever.

He said that Obama and Boehner were complete opposites.

And then used analogy to give another example of a polar opposite.

Hitler was only used in the context of creating an opposite.

The left made a movie about assassinating GWB? What movie was this?!? How did I miss this?

I don't know. It was all the rage in leftist (oh, excuse me, progressive) circles in 2006.

It's easy enough for you to find if you wish.

Obama did ask his "army" to put on their marching shoes to battle their enemies - AKA Republicans...

His party member Maxine Waters promised to send Tea Party to hell.

Most of the Democrats think the Republicans are racist because they disagree with a black president's policies, when in reality, the biggest supporter of Democratic party, the Black community ALWAYS overwhelmingly vote for any black candidate not for his/her polices, but their skin color.

Somehow the Tea Party is racist for voicing their opinions of returning to a smaller, hands off government with less regulations and spending. Never once a Tea Party protester was arrested for civil disobedience. When the Union members protests, they deface the city and some members arrested, but they're considered as the peasants of the modern world suppressed by big profit driven corporations and these people should be treated with more dignity tin the name of equality, which was never once mentioned in our constitution.

President Bush was called a war criminal for starting two wars - According many Democratic Congress members, and after some those congress got voted out, they go to our enemies and told them we are at fault for many unfortunate events in recent history. BUT Obama is a freedom fighter for starting a third war without congressional approval (while promising the event will take just couple of weeks) while keeping Bush's polices for Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo By.

Job creators are now treated like criminals. American success stories are now treated like the old VHS and is no longer been told.

Wall Street should be burn down because the Hippy 2.0 like to have some attention and free lunch. Most of them don't even know why they are there other than thinking it's Burning Man in down town Manhattan. Little they know the financial industry donated more money to the Democrats than Republicans the last two national election cycles.

Close this thread, this is pointless.

Last edited:
This whole Hank Williams thing only shows how stupid some people are not to understand what's meant by analogy.

Wiliams did not call Obama "Hitler" nor did he equate or compare him to Hitler in any way whatsoever.

He said that Obama and Boehner were complete opposites.

And then used analogy to give another example of a polar opposite.

Hitler was only used in the context of creating an opposite.

Technically I think the 'elaboration' on his statement was produced by his publicist, not him ;)

Back