• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Harry's Garage Original and 2nd Gen NSX Review

i watched this - series 1 - but I left it feeling he did undercut himself by stuff he got wrong eg introduction
of vtec, his apparent misunderstanding of why the engine did generate the power it did. That said I guess not everyone can know everything and generally what he does say is worth a listen.

Was he right in saying the reason for the change from popup headlights was the requirement for daytime running lights?

That NIOP '05 was crashed by a journalist a couple of years back and rebuilt by Honda UK.
The blue NC1 is the Honda UK press car - such a nice colour!

That NIOP '05 was crashed by a journalist a couple of years back and rebuilt by Honda UK.
The blue NC1 is the Honda UK press car - such a nice colour!
Thanks for the background. Very rare to see an actual corporation buy a wrecked unit and restore it back to the road. Guess it is no mystery just how rare these carsare nowadays, and they knew it would be a shame to cut it up.

Better; if my memory serves me right, back in 1997, our friend at AH who was in charge of training body shops to repair the NSX, had a car built out of two wrecked NSX's and drove it all the way from Socal to Denver for the first NSXPO.

Thanks for the background. Very rare to see an actual corporation buy a wrecked unit and restore it back to the road. Guess it is no mystery just how rare these carsare nowadays, and they knew it would be a shame to cut it up.

Back