• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone come up with an aluminum ABS reservoir replacement for 1993 and newer?

There was an aftermarket hood on my 93 which allowed the nasty AZ sun to hit the ABS plastic reservoir and it succumbed to the light and broke into pieces.. I could never find a replacement reservoir for the 93 and newer which has two openings in the bottom of it rather than one which is for the 91 - 92 and I found one had to replace the modulator etc in order to get a new reservoir which was cost prohibitive for me....

So I know that SOS makes an upgrade kit for $2100 which uses no reservoir and the cost is on par with replacing the modulator on my 93 but I still don't have the money for same....So I am hoping someone else had a similar problem and somehow made their own reservoir to replace the plastic one....

So if you or anyone u know has solved this problem or even has the correct plastic one. I would like to know but I be retired and on a limited income...yeah yeah...I know I should sell the car....

It looks like to me the 1990 Acura Legend has a similar plastic reservior on it's ABS Modulator. Maybe search some junked 1990 Acura Legends and see if they still have their ABS Modulator. Rip out the canister and put it on the NSX assembly. It might not work but it's worth a shot of just looking at them.

1990 Acura Legend ABS Modulator P/N 57110-SD4-013
SD43B2405A.png

1993 Acura NSX ABS Modulator P/N 57110-SL0-A03
13sl001_b2410.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately the pics are rarely reliable and the diagram for the 93 nsx modulator above is incorrect...it actually shows the modulator for the 91-92... It has a square reservoir and has one hole in the bottom while the 93 and up has a rectangular reservoir with two openings on the bottom

I haven't ordered anything from Umbrella Design for a few years now. Search for them on Prime. They had miscellaneous used parts for NSXs. They might have a dead ABS with a good reservoir.

I haven't ordered anything from Umbrella Design for a few years now. Search for them on Prime. They had miscellaneous used parts for NSXs. They might have a dead ABS with a good reservoir.

thx...I have sent an email to Kane to see if he has anything

I also wanted to point out to others that Dali cannot order ABS JDM parts thru Japan and I have not been able to find any entities in europe that sell the reservoir separately from the modulator...and oh yes the mfr Nissan Brakes Ohio was totally unhelpful...they don't sell retail and they don't supply info on who does and we know the US dealers only sell the reservoir with the modulator...I called some wrecking yards...they had a good laugh

I also found out that those Honda Car co chromed wheels are not stock as they had to be sent out to be chromed and the chrome center caps with Acura on them are something that the chroming company came up with....Stock center caps for those 15/16 wheels are the ones that are brushed and have the holes for the lug nuts ====I can't seem to find the chromed center caps anywhere lol

Back