Has anyone had this problem with their AC

My A/C is only blowing on HI. It sometimes works on other fan levels but it is very intermittent. I checked the FAQ and the only issue they talked about was a service bulletin that applied to 91 and 92 NSX. I have a 94. I also found in an old post about changing a relay in the front compartment. I switched the relay (box closest to the firewall) on the front row/right side with the one behind it but that did not fix the problem. I have seen a couple post that mention a switch that can go bad. Does anyone have more info about that? Also someone told me there is a way to reset your A/C control unit. Press the auto and off at he same time?? If anyone has more info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Originally posted by Brettk:
My A/C is only blowing on HI. It sometimes works on other fan levels but it is very intermittent. If anyone has more info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

My blower was not intermittent, it would only work on the high setting with the controls set to auto. The part I replaced that fixed the problem was the power transistor that is attached to the right side (looking from the front) of the blower motor. You have to drop the blower motor down slightly to get to the screws that hold the PT to the blower motor. The PT sits flush with the blower and it has a wire bundle coming from it that connects in the front left of the blower. Since the part is about $175 (even with a discount), I would suggest you test your PT by swapping with a buddy.

By the way, this part has failed twice on my NSX. The Woodwork told me this is a common problem on many Honda's.

Bob

[This message has been edited by 1BADNSX (edited 12 December 2001).]

The part I replaced that fixed the problem was the power transistor

Note that the instructions for doing so are in that same TSB from '92 (number 92-007), although the TSB also tells you to replace the blower motor in addition to the power transistor.

Start small and simple - replace the power transistor and see if that fixes it.

Back