• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

has anyone replace the inside door handle?

has anyone replace the inside door handle? Is that a separate piece from the entire door trim? Do you know how much that thing costs? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

I did that about two years ago and I can't remember the exact cost. One inside door handle is significantly more expensive than the other if I remember correctly, so it depends on which side you broke. I think you can buy the handle and the mechanism it attaches to as a single piece and you don't have to buy the whole inside assembly like you do with some Porsches.

Just so happens that my driver side broke about a year ago. Luckily for me it broke when my tech was getting out of it after a an alignment. My dealer goodwilled the parts and labor. They told me it only comes as an assembly and it was about $450 (ouch).

Doing it yourself is easy and will take about 30 minutes for the first time. I've gotten it down to about 10 minutes.

You can fix them fairly easy by drilling holes on both sides of the broken plastic. Then, use metal wire and wound the wire through the two holes to bind them together.

Sure, it's kinda of a half-ass rig job, but it works.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Sure, it's kinda of a half-ass rig job, but it works.

I think doing a half-ass rig job to an NSX constitutes "cruel and unusual punishment".
smile.gif

Hey... works the same as new, and looks the same. Is it worth saving $400+ I think so ;-) No sense subscribing to the 'Dilbert principle' of repaying a company for their own crudy design.

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

This is one answer to the question about why someone would want to pay extra to buy a new car over a used one - no half-assed rig jobs!
biggrin.gif

Back