• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone seen Hockenheim Green (G96P)?

I've owned my NSX for 25 years, and it's always bothered me a little that its Brooklands Green paint (code G70P) was darker than most other versions of British Racing Green. I'm about to rejuvenate the car a little by giving it a complete respray, and while I don't want to use another manufacturer's green, I wouldn't mind using a different Honda green.

In some markets, the NSX was available in a color called Charlotte Green, but I believe that that color's code was G70P (same as Brooklands Green), so it's just a name change. And I know that there was also a bright lime green, but I'm not interested in that one at all.

However, there was at least one other dark green for the NSX: Hockenheim Green, code G96P. But it was apparently even rarer than Brooklands Green, and I haven't seen a photo or read a good description of it.

I hope someone here can help. Does anyone know how Hockenheim Green compares to Brooklands Green? Is there a photo of it (especially next to Brooklands Green)? Were other dark greens available for the NSX?

It has been mentioned on prime but to my recollection no photos...Maybe you should ask in the regional Europe or Japan regional forums..

You can find on-line color samples for G96P; but, you have to search under Honda for the model year 1998. In North America it looks like it was used on Civics in that year. There are two versions G96P and G96P-6. I don't know what the difference is. In some of the on-line color charts, it looks border line blue green. But, I would never trust a monitor because the color rendition will depend on monitor set up which is why on-line car photos will be of no use unless its G96P parked next to G70P allowing a relative comparison.

If you are really serious I would be inclined to go to a paint supplier and get them to custom mix spray bombs in the two colors and then you can spray and do a side by side comparison with large color swatches.

Or, you could try ordering OEM touch-up kits in the two colors. Some folks seem to carry it in a spray and/or paint-on. They aren't very expensive.

Paint or spray side-by-side and see what you think.

I've owned my NSX for 25 years, and it's always bothered me a little that its Brooklands Green paint (code G70P) was darker than most other versions of British Racing Green. I'm about to rejuvenate the car a little by giving it a complete respray, and while I don't want to use another manufacturer's green, I wouldn't mind using a different Honda green.

In some markets, the NSX was available in a color called Charlotte Green, but I believe that that color's code was G70P (same as Brooklands Green), so it's just a name change. And I know that there was also a bright lime green, but I'm not interested in that one at all.

However, there was at least one other dark green for the NSX: Hockenheim Green, code G96P. But it was apparently even rarer than Brooklands Green, and I haven't seen a photo or read a good description of it.

I hope someone here can help. Does anyone know how Hockenheim Green compares to Brooklands Green? Is there a photo of it (especially next to Brooklands Green)? Were other dark greens available for the NSX?

As someone who is about to change my NSX to a JDM-only color, one of the best ways you can see the real color is to order the front tow hook cover from Japan. They are painted by the factory so you know it is a perfect match. I'm using the Imola one with my paint shop for color matching purposes, as a matter of fact. They said it was perfect.

Anyway, the part number for your G96P tow hook cover is: 71107-SL0-000YD You can order it from Amayama for about 20 bucks plus shipping.

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/epc/honda-japan/nsx/E-NA1/14732/equipment/26377?p=4&fromMap=1

Hope this helps!

He's a big Honcho.....................:biggrin:

I second what [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] said, it will give you the biggest "swatch" of factory painted color. Other options are the washer nozzles, the little covers for the headlight screws, and the little covers for the 3rd brake light screws in the rear wing.

There were a total of 5 greens for the NSX: Charlotte Green/Brooklands Green (G70P), Hockenheim Green Pearl (G96P), Lime Green (GY19M), Bayleaf Green (G76), and Estoril Turquoise Pearl (BG32P).

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/210675-Factory-Painted-Parts-Color-Codes

Thanks, all.

The tow-hook is a great idea -- I wouldn't have thought of it -- but unfortunately the car's already at the body shop and I have to choose a color pretty soon. Can't wait for parts to arrive from Japan, so I guess I'll just have them mix up the colors and spray some swatches.

When the car's done I'll come back and post some photos. Thanks again.

Is your body shop currently open for business? If you use the link [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] provided and do it quick the shipping time will probably be less than a week...maybe 10 days. Given what's going on in your part of California (your location says silicon valley), I'd be surprised to learn the body shop wouldn't give you some leeway on decision time.

Is your body shop currently open for business? If you use the link @Honcho provided and do it quick the shipping time will probably be less than a week...maybe 10 days. Given what's going on in your part of California (your location says silicon valley), I'd be surprised to learn the body shop wouldn't give you some leeway on decision time.
Yeah, they're open; auto repair is an "essential service" here.

I know they'd give me a week or two if I asked, but I don't want to make them wait while my car's disassembled and taking up space in their shop. Plus, the painter is going to spray out some G70P and G96P -- and maybe a custom less-black version of G70P -- for me tomorrow, and I imagine that it'll be easier to make a decision with those big swatches than with the tow-hook covers, anyway.

Without your display being calibrated, it won't reflect the true colour through your eyes but hope you can get some idea from these photo.
Not sure how long the link will be active but at the time of writing, it still works.
Click on any of the photo and it should enlarge itself.

www.yokooauto.com/vcsMember/stockList/photoList.html?shopNo=747-2&carNo=161

All suggested options such as washer nozzle, tow hook cover, etc are good idea.

Kaz

Nice Green ...much better imho than the more black/green we got....

......except for Tokyo drift.............:tongue:

Last edited:
To be honest Brooklands Green is fantastic. If I had to repaint my NSX this would be the colour I'd pick. Keeping the black top of course :)
(not to diminish the greatness of that teal G96P, also looking neat).

Back