• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone tried?

Most of us here bought the nsx used and it could be more than 3rd, or 4th owner. Has anyone tried to locate the previous owners of their car??

Just wondering, as I'm the forth owner of the car, and my previous owner is an eye doctor who don't know much about the car. However, I found out that my car had aftermarket clutch/flywheel, cantrell/gruppe M intake, comptech exhaust and header, possibly a modified computer....

It will be nice if I could found out the previous owner and know what brand/kind of modification he had on my car.

NSXDreamer2 said:
Most of us here bought the nsx used and it could be more than 3rd, or 4th owner. Has anyone tried to locate the previous owners of their car??

Just wondering, as I'm the forth owner of the car, and my previous owner is an eye doctor who don't know much about the car. However, I found out that my car had aftermarket clutch/flywheel, cantrell/gruppe M intake, comptech exhaust and header, possibly a modified computer....

It will be nice if I could found out the previous owner and know what brand/kind of modification he had on my car.

Actually, I have. My '95 had only one owner prior to myself. He was an a sweet guy but needed to sell, as him and his wife were expecting a lil' tyke and therefore, needed more than 2 seats. :)

I'm the 2nd owner of my '91...I feel pretty lucky about that. With the car came a whole ton of reciepts, newspaper clippings (adds, articles on the NSX, etc) and some other info. The dealership tried to black out the guys name, but it's pretty easy to see. I suppose I could contact him, but I don't think I want to bother the guy.

"Hey, I have your NSX"
"What??"
"I have your NSX...."
"Who is this???"
"Why did you sell it, I love it!"
"I'm calling the cops!"
"Wai....."*click*

I tried to contact the "owner" of my car that I purchased from a dealer, and never received a response back. Is it so hard to send me an email and tell me what you did with the car in the first 6000 miles? No email back? How much of your day would that take up? I would think the previous owner could at least let me know he was happy the car went to a good home. :smile:

Maybe he is just mad because I live in Southern California, and he is forced to live in Florida?? :tongue: :tongue:

PS - Anyone ever raced an EVO?

I was lucky enough to find a good car still in the hands of the original owner (a 1991, I bought it in 2003!). I got in touch with the service manager and NSX tech at the Acura dealership where it was bought and serviced for those 12 years, and both knew the guy and knew the car. It gave me some decent peace of mind. :)

Back