• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has Dali Racing (Mark Johnson) ripped you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Registered Member
This posting is to help the San Diego Police Department and the IFCCFBI.org in gathering names of customers who have not got their products or money owed to them by Dali Racing (Mark Johnson). If you are one of those unlucky people post your response here with your email and contact info if you like and it will be turned over to the San Diego Police department to be used in the ongoing investigation.

Bob,
You want people to list their e-mail address yet conceal yours? Stand up or SIT DOWN.

You got your product and he does not owe you money move on BOOB I mean bobby!

I have had nothing but excellent service from Mark over the last 3 years of purchasing from him. He has always been honest and prompt with his shipments to me.

An ongoing investigation? For what? Lets assume that Mark sent out your parts in perfect order(as he has done for me on several occasions). It was shipped to you AND in transit, it was damaged. You need to file a claim with the shipper. You had it sent with insurance, right? I certainly don't think that you are going to get any response from Mark by posting messages like you are doing. Take a step back and put yourself in his shoes. Would YOU respond to someone who comes off like you have? Dali is a great contributor to the NSX community and he needs none of this for his hard work. Approach this with a little tactfullness and you might get some good results. I think I'll order some more parts from Mark, now that I think about it. Maybe some new sways for my leaning T......
BTW,
I always get my parts in 1-2 days without paying anything extra for shipping, and I have never met or spoke with him. Thanks Mark!!!
John Richards

You can count me among the list of satisfied REPEAT customers of MJ and Dali Racing. I appreciate his efforts to provide the NSX community with quality options that enhance our ownership experience. Oh, and they help you go fast too!

while i wouldn't call mark johnson dishonest, in my opinion he isn't much of a businessman.

i placed 2 orders with him a while back and, frankly, i'd have to think long and hard before doing so again. after about 2 weeks of waiting, i sent him an e-mail asking about the status of my order. to make a long story short, it was about 4 weeks before i got my order and many, many, many e-mails that were never answered.

believe me, i understand if you're a one-man operation and are back ordered, out of stock, etc. what i do not and will NEVER understand is absolutely ZERO response to a customer. i was very patient with mark, at least i was initially, but after it bacame obvious he had no intention of responding to me, i did get irate.

he makes nice stuff for our cars and i see by this forum that he does take care of at least SOME of his customers quite well. i was not among them.

That tells me all I need to know. And, yes.. I believe this forum is the place for messages like this. I've read enough posts about MJ not caring about his customers. I don't care what he's selling or how badly I want it. I don't do business with people like that.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

That's too bad Mike, Because Mark is a great guy and a gentleman. I wouldn't put too much stock in the smear posts that you read.

It's been my observation that some people, maybe because of lack of experience, are poised and ready to jump up and down the minute something goes wrong. I know from personal experience that there is alot of "flakeyness" going on with the other side of these transactions.

There's always two sides to any story, can you imagine if Mark made Accusatory posts like this everytime something went wrong with the buyer's end of these transactions.
rolleyes.gif

Everything I've ordered from Mark has been delivered to me...Post Haste. The one time I asked for a refund of a considerable amount of money due to a product becomming unavailable he graciously refunded my money, quite literally, within minutes.

In response to this post, I must say not only has Mark delivered the few items I have bought from Dali quickly.

Mark has provided generous sponsorship (in the form of donating raffle gifts from his catalog) for local NorthEast events including the Poker Rally and the New Hampshire event. He has no obligation to do so.

2 more cents

------------------
Live Free or Die

www.nsxuppereast.com

No, Mark has not ripped me off. As a matter of fact I am elated with any transactions I have had with Dali racing.

[This message has been edited by steveny (edited 19 October 2002).]

i hope nobody read my post as a "smear" against mark johnson. i merely said he failed to respond to my e-mails asking where my stuff was. my credit card was charged when i placed the order. i think that entitles me to a response after 2 weeks and no product. as i said, it was ultimately about 4 weeks and i only got an e-mail to tell me the stuff had shipped. he ignored all previous e-mails.

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. I have completed several purchases from MJ. If there was a delay, he let me know the item was out of stock and would be shipped soon, which has always been the case. Overall, very positive.

Originally posted by RichH:

Mark has provided generous sponsorship (in the form of donating raffle gifts from his catalog) for local NorthEast events including the Poker Rally and the New Hampshire event. He has no obligation to do so.

2 more cents

I almost forgot about the raffle gifts that he provided for last years Canyonball. I emailed a request to Mark and he sent some gifts without hesitation. No questions asked.
John Richards

I hav'nt been a customer recently but I have been satisfied, often, by Mark.
wink.gif

Originally posted by docjohn:
I hav'nt been a customer recently but I have been satisfied, often, by Mark.
wink.gif

Same here...Mark has satisfied me many times...cough cough.. <grin> :) (inside joke with MJ) har har...

Seriously, though...MJ is a good guy...he is one of my few dealers, and I don't do business with people who are not trustworthy.

-Andie

[This message has been edited by HomeDepotNSX (edited 21 October 2002).]

Never a problem dealing with him from the other side of the Atlantic. Even more: once I was in San Diego and he gave me the stuff without asking me for the money... he told me to pay then from home (several thousands miles away!)...
eek.gif

Check one more in the "for" column - I have enjoyed fabulous service from MJ & Dali & would not hesitate to order again.
I also think that unless you have personal experience, either positive or negative, you should refrain from commenting on what is simply "hearsay" of others' experience - there are several posts to that effect. Hearsay has no validity IMO - another word for it is gossip. For those engaging in gossip, take a look over this thread & do a tally on those with actual positive experience vs those with actual negative experience.

p.s. I might add that the tally is interesting when the topic of the post is for those who have negative experiences to step forward, yet there are apparently more (unsolicited?) proponents than dissenters, (who were specifically targetted by the topic).

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 21 October 2002).]

Originally posted by nsx1164:
Originally posted by nsxheat:
Add me to the list of satisfied Dali Racing/MJ customers. Thanks Mark for all your help!
add me too... have been getting parts from Mark since 1998

Just another satisfied customer.

And, from a TOTALLY unbiased source-
The count is 25 yay's, (and counting) and one nay.
Not bad in this too - quick - to - citicize e-world, if you ask me.

MB

- Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back