• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have any of you replaced your Acura hood badge/emblem?

Im talking about the Acura “A” one. I found a seller on Amazon for $99.

Questions:

1-Where did you get yours?
2-Cost?
3-How is it held on? Glue?
4-How do you install it?

Thanks!
John

I replaced the front badge on my 1994 last year since the previous owner had the chrome trim gold plated at some point and I wanted to go back to chrome.

1) I bought mine from acuraoemparts.com, I don't recommend buying from them since it's a bit overpriced compared to other stores and they've forgotten several small bits in orders before.
2) I paid a little over $100.
3) It's held on using push nuts through the bumper in addition to this gooey grey adhesive that is absolutely horrible to remove.
4) Remove the front bumper, remove push nuts holding the badge on, reinstall front bumper, put painters tape around the edge of the badge to protect the paint, use a thin strand of wire or dental floss to try to saw through the adhesive holding the badge on while lifting up on it.

On the new badge, scrape off the grey adhesive that Honda applies from the factory and replace it with some 3M molding tape or something similar that will actually come off if you need it to. Also don't use the push nuts on the back side of the bumper when installing the new badge, the adhesive will hold it just fine and you'll save yourself lots of pain if you ever have to take it off in the future.

And good fucking luck getting all the adhesive from the original badge off of the bumper.

Last edited:
contacted Adnan from http://as-motorsport.com. Replaced everything that looked like an A around my car with an H (I was staring at NSXs in Japan long before I saw them in USA and seeing Acura on them was hideous, to me). First to go was the steering wheel. My wife did all the work... so i cant help ya there.

Back