• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Head unit wiring harness question

I did a search and couldn't find a good answer. I'm looking for an answer before I take the console out. Is the wiring harness for the stereo in a 2003 NSX the same as it is for other late-model Honda/Acuras?

Thanks!!

This isn't the answer you were looking for, but I can attest to the '91 NSX harness being the same as a '94 Integra AND a '94 Accord. I didn't think that would be the case, since the NSX had a Bose/Alpine system, but I was able to plug my Integra's head unit right in with no problems.
This leads me to believe that Honda's old slogan of "we make it sim...ple!" (that was Honda, right?) will hold true.......
Good luck--

wiring harness

David, when I upgraded to an AIWA MP3 from Crutchfield, they give you a free wiring harness/adapter. Naturally, NSX wasn't listed in their catalog of stuff, so I took a chance and specified Acura Legend, and it fit fine and the wiring corresponded. You're safe with that, unless Acura changed their wiring in the meantime. Very likely, if you specify a Legend that is the same year as your NSX, you'll be fine...

Hope that helps!

Don Davis
Heidelberg, Germany
'91 Black on Black

davidb said:
I did a search and couldn't find a good answer. I'm looking for an answer before I take the console out. Is the wiring harness for the stereo in a 2003 NSX the same as it is for other late-model Honda/Acuras?

Thanks!!

Should be the same as `90 and up Integra/Accord you don't need to use the security wires from OEM unit.

Thanks for all your help! I'm just waiting (and waiting and waiting) for my sub and speaker enclosures to arrive.

davidb said:
Thanks for all your help! I'm just waiting (and waiting and waiting) for my sub and speaker enclosures to arrive.

What sub enclosure did you buy? I've got a custom fiberglass/MDF enclosure being produced for me right now. More pictures to come when I get that completed... :cool:

Back