• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headlight and Taillight Condensation and Fogging

Hello All,

GEN2 NC1 --- Both headlights have condensation, but drivers side has most. Both taillights have fogging. This was noticed after recently washing the car. I understand that this may happen depending upon humidity, etc and that these type of lights are designed with venting ports to correct this issue, but Ive never seen it this bad. Do I need to buy new fronts and rears?

Thanks for any constructive input.

Sometimes the rear lights warp and the topside seal of the lights is exposed. If so, every time you wash your car or it rains, the water will flow into the lights, causing your fogging issue. You might want to check.

Hello All,

GEN2 NC1 --- Both headlights have condensation, but drivers side has most. Both taillights have fogging. This was noticed after recently washing the car. I understand that this may happen depending upon humidity, etc and that these type of lights are designed with venting ports to correct this issue, but Ive never seen it this bad. Do I need to buy new fronts and rears?

Thanks for any constructive input.
You may want to check to see if the vents in the light housings have become clogged with debris.

Back