• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headlight Upgrade - LED, HID, Etc

Steve...Hope you are well...I'm still full time...you?

Maybe do some virtual stuff from home in your next iteration...

you could do another residency

with Chippendales..:p

The OGS quad HID projector setup doesn't have the delayed-on flashing issue except in the daytime, and no issues with scatter. The projectors have a metal flap that covers the top part of the bulb and creates the sharp cutoff and all 4 are on continuously. (It's amazing on low beams.) When I go to high beams, the flaps on the two inner projectors flip up and expose the whole bulb. It's instantaneous. But in the daytime when the lights are normally off and I try to flash, I can see sometimes from reflections that the lights are just about getting up to full brightness when the headlight pop back down. I rarely flash people anyway so it's no cause for concern for me. LED tech is still evolving - quickly. I'm happy with the HID setup until LED state of the art becomes state of the shelf like HID.

Is anyone making the the dust caps? My WhiteNSX caps have finally bit the dust. I know there's drawings out there, but I can't seem to get anyone to print me a set...

PM me, I've made about a dozen sets for various Primer's who don't have their own 3D printer, or don't have a printer that prints the higher-melt-point plastics. (I also designed the caps, so I can modify for different LED bulbs like the multicolor/fogs etc...)

I can also help you print your own if you have a 3D printer but just need some help with it. You can see a few of my designs in the 3D print subforum under do-it-yourself. The threads reference the .stl's that are saved on thingiverse.

TT
(Definitely not doing another residency, despite the scoundrels. I can't understand how the scoundrels still weasle a 2M retirement bonus after they get caught with their fingers in the cookie jar. They must have something on somebody.)

Last edited:
Back