• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

hello from a future NSX owner

So I've been sneaking around this forum for the last several weeks, reading and researching as much as I could, and finally decided to say hi to all of you primers. :cool:

Currently, I own a 2006 civic si with a frankensteined K24A2 bottom end.

img_6119.jpg

DSC06633.jpg

of course, it didn't start out as a frankenstein monster, and it took a lot to get it to where it finally is now...
DSC07319.jpg

DSC07524.jpg

but anyway, most of that is a story for another thread.

Lately, I've been looking for something different. I had a lot of fun "tuning" the Si, but at some point in the process it became more of just a car and less of a love affair. I don't know why. when other honda people look at my car, they are seeing something that I simply don't see anymore. I guess at this point in my life, I'm ready to somewhat remove myself from the tuner scene. I want something that is already unique, and can be a work of art as it is. Not that there is anything wrong with wrenching bolts- I did all of my own work on the frank motor and I loved it... I'm just ready to move on, get something new.

Like most Honda people (and most people who aren't criminally insane) I've always absolutely loved the NSX. it's a piece of moving, breathing artwork. I've dreamed about getting one for a long time, and now I've decided to make it a goal. A friend of mine is going to buy the Si at the end of this year, and then I will be looking in earnest for an NSX.

At first I thought I'd rather have a 1997-2001 with the pop-up headlights in black with a black interior. there are two of those here in Wichita that I used to see on a regular basis, and I think they were absolutely gorgeous. the, yesterday (literally) I saw a Imola Orange NSX at my place of work. It had stock wheels that had been powdercoated black, and the car literally stopped my heart for a moment. I talked to the owner for a while and he asked me if I had been on prime at all, but I didn't catch any sort of a name from him. I have no idea who he was, but it doesn't really matter- that car threw me into a lot of doubt as to whether or not I want the pre '02 lights, or even if I want a black car.

I intend to be choosy about the NSX I purchase, and I won't even start looking (seriously looking) until after january of next year. However, I like how informative this site (and all of you) is (are) and decided to vocally join the community.

If you are into tuning/personalizing your car, it will NEVER end. There are so many sweet aftermarket parts for a NSX.

I had an audi tt that was heavily modded. Thought is was a waste of $$$ and wanted to get a car that didn't need any mods - the NSX.

I've now spent enough on mods to buy a new Civic si or another NSX. :frown:
The mod bug does not go away with the NSX.

If you are into tuning/personalizing your car, it will NEVER end. There are so many sweet aftermarket parts for a NSX.

I had an audi tt that was heavily modded. Thought is was a waste of $$$ and wanted to get a car that didn't need any mods - the NSX.

I've now spent enough on mods to buy a new Civic si or another NSX. :frown:
The mod bug does not go away with the NSX.

I know. :( just don't tell my wife. :redface:

No... you're right, and there are a couple of things I would like to do. one of the coolest things i've seen on this site is the S2000 gauge cluster. for some reason, I feel like I would do less with the NSX than I did with the civic, which is probably untrue.

Back