• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello from Europe

Hi Primers,

It's been a while since I registered and never took the opportunity to introduce myself.

I come from France and have been living in Switzerland for more than 10 years now.

It's been around 15 years that I planned to purchase a classic sport car. I was (and still am) highly interested in Alpine but for prctical reasons, I had to defer the purchase of the object of my desire in time. Actually, downtown Paris isn't a decent place to own a car, then it was time to move to Switzerland and time went on with more immediate things to do.

In the meantime, I purchased a Honda Fit and beforehand had been getting to know the brand. As many French men of my generation, I was a Prost supporter, and lived the dramatic period he used to drive against Senna for Macca. This to say that I had some lack of interest in Honda in general and the NSX in particular (too closely related to Senna). And above all, half of my familly comes from the region of Maranello and I had spent a significant time of my childhood in Alfa Romeo :).

The good thing is that I was always attracted by sporty rides in general and high revs engine in particular. So it was just a matter of time before the interest in Honda was triggered and me being totally converted to the values of the firm and the products. Also, financial ressources went up, and when the time had come to purchase my first classic, all the conditions were set up for me to seriously think about the iconic NSX. After some research, I finally found the one I would purchase. Let me introduce my 1991 Red NSX:

385543IMG1184.jpg

It was delivered in Switzerland with these aftermarket rims which were homologated for the model. These are OZ Futura 17 at the front and 18 at the back. Front tyres are 215/40 and back ones are 255/35. I'll change them in Spring.

The only non original parts are the coilovers. They are said to be KW V3, which I need to check. I'll do it next Spring as well when I will higher it a bit. It is yet too low.

Other than that, my daily Fit is perfect for my hardly 7'000km urban yearly distance, and I am currently looking for an Alfa Romeo as secodn classic (yes, childhood memories never fade)

Happy to be part of the community.

Cheers.
Rollo

Welcome Rollo, I know you'll be having some fun on the roads there! How many km's were on it when you bought it and what mods (if any) do you have planned for it?

Congratulations. Although I own a spa yellow NSX now, my favorite color is red, like my first NSX, a 95 red/tan. Anyway have fun, and don't let her sit in the garage. You need to drive her.

PS: I think you said you are no longer in Paris. My wife an I are going to Paris at the beginning of April 2016. Are there any active NSX'ers in Paris that I can connect with?

Best,

Mario

welcome from another alfista....many happy miles. i like the old school wheels.

Félicitations! Bel achat! Elle à l'air super propre. En tant que propriétaire d'une 1991 depuis environ un an, je peux te jurer que tu va t'amuser un max avec ton nouveau jouet!

Looks clean. Nice purchase. Welcome.

Hey good find ! If you're around Geneva we can meet some day, seems we are quite a few NSX owners here (at least 3 on prime, another one near where i live that's 4 already !) . And welcome :)

nice-looking car,and the prost/senna story was interesting.what are speed laws like over here,can you drive a nice car fast?

We can go to Germany for unlimited speed highways. Or where i live we have mountain roads where the official speed limit is 90km/h, which is plenty enough on these small twisty roads :)

Welcome Rollo, great to see that car again, an older picture of your car is saved on my HDD!
Lucky man you are to got your NSX with rare OZ Futura Wheels in homologated Swiss specifications, 17x8 +48 and 18x9 +48

Enjoy driving!

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.

Apologies for being silent all that time, I had crazy days at the office plus an accident that required a small hand sugery.

I'll do my best to answer the specific questions, although Zoom answered the one on the speed limits :smile:

Welcome Rollo, I know you'll be having some fun on the roads there! How many km's were on it when you bought it and what mods (if any) do you have planned for it?
Bought it with 70'000 km, less than 50'000 miles I guess and I didn't put much more than 5'000km since the purchased. Not that I don't want to drive it, but lack of opportunities with a rather intensive family life :biggrin:

No mods planned, unless you consider back stock as a mod ;)

Congratulations. Although I own a spa yellow NSX now, my favorite color is red, like my first NSX, a 95 red/tan. Anyway have fun, and don't let her sit in the garage. You need to drive her.

PS: I think you said you are no longer in Paris. My wife an I are going to Paris at the beginning of April 2016. Are there any active NSX'ers in Paris that I can connect with?

Best,

Mario
I don't think that the Paris scene is very active. If you want some info, you can connect with French owners (two of them sent their greetings on this thread).

We also have a european community you may want to connect with. As I don't know the policy of Prime concerning other forums, send me a MP for additional info :).
Félicitations! Bel achat! Elle à l'air super propre. En tant que propriétaire d'une 1991 depuis environ un an, je peux te jurer que tu va t'amuser un max avec ton nouveau jouet!
Salut, j'ai mon jouet depuis deja 18 mois et effectivement, le paisir est au rendez-vous a chaque sortie.

Tu ne serais pas Red3ulZz sur un autre forum ? Mon pseudo c'est Winston la-bas :-D

Hey good find ! If you're around Geneva we can meet some day, seems we are quite a few NSX owners here (at least 3 on prime, another one near where i live that's 4 already !) . And welcome :smile:
Hi Zoom, I guess we met in Mulhouse last June before driving to Dijon...

Welcome Rollo, great to see that car again, an older picture of your car is saved on my HDD!
Lucky man you are to got your NSX with rare OZ Futura Wheels in homologated Swiss specifications, 17x8 +48 and 18x9 +48

Enjoy driving!
Tell me more about the circumstances, I'd love to be able to connect with previous owners.

By the way Schwytzer oder Romand ? :biggrin:

Salut! non je ne suis pas red3ulz, je suis de Montréal au Canada. Ici, on doit être une cinquantaine de proprio francophones de Nsx. Je suis aussi sur NsxclubEurope, NsxMtl. C'est assez rare que je me connecte, il y a moins de contenu que sur Prime, mais c'est bon de voir ce qui se passe de votre coté de l'atlantique de temps en temps!

Tell me more about the circumstances, I'd love to be able to connect with previous owners.

By the way Schwytzer oder Romand ? :biggrin:

Oh sorry, I should probably say "nice to see this wheels again".

The story is that a couple of years ago I was searching OZ Futura wheels
and as I remember, this particular wheels where offered for sell on a Swiss German Forum
and already sold before I found them and registered.
Also unfortunately that excellent Forum closed some days later.

I had time to copy a picture but I don’t know if it shows the wheel seller’s car or buyer’s car
attachment.php

Let’s say both, Dütschschwyzer (Swiss German) living since childhood in the French part of Switzerland, close to Geneva.:wink:

Attachments

• 57148063.jpg
    57148063.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 47
Back