• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help a fallen friend!

Last thursday one of my best friends was involved in a motorcycle accident. He passed away later that night. =(
He was a forign exchange student here by himself. He went to UCF and worked very hard to pay his tuition and living expenses. His family back home in Bulgaria doesn't make a decent income, and cannot afford to have him flown back home, nor do they have the money to have him buried here. So we are taking donations to help him and his family in their time of need. Some of you may know him, he was loved by all who knew him. 100% of the donations go straight to the family. All of us (his friends) have put in all we can but we are still short on cash by far. Anykind of donation will be appreciated. You can make donations to [email protected] though paypal. I have put together a little picture collection of him so you can see who it is that needs help. He passed away near UCF, on Econ i beleive (i think thats the name of the road) where you can also visit the little memorial we made for him. Thank you again and please shoot me an email if you have any questions or would like to help in any other way.
http://www.geocities.com/slowcrx/RIP_Alex.html

Sorry if this offends anyone, but we dont know what else to do to get him back home.
frown.gif

Originally posted by HybridHB:
Sorry if this offends anyone, but we dont know what else to do to get him back home.
frown.gif

Contacting the Bulgarian consulate would have been my first move, certainly before begging for money on the Internet.

-Bob

Hate to say it but I am rather skeptical about this. Somebody comes from nowwhere with a sad story and asks for money?? He is not a known member and I would bet that he has put the same message at multiple sites that he also just registered on. Lud ?? Anything to back up this guys story?

Last thursday one of my best friends was involved in a motorcycle accident. He passed away later that night. =(
He was a forign exchange student here by himself. He went to UCF and worked very hard to pay his tuition and living expenses. His family back home in Bulgaria doesn't make a decent income, and cannot afford to have him flown back home, nor do they have the money to have him buried here. So we are taking donations to help him and his family in their time of need. Some of you may know him, he was loved by all who knew him. 100% of the donations go straight to the family. All of us (his friends) have put in all we can but we are still short on cash by far. Anykind of donation will be appreciated. You can make donations to [email protected] though paypal. I have put together a little picture collection of him so you can see who it is that needs help. He passed away near UCF, on Econ i beleive (i think thats the name of the road) where you can also visit the little memorial we made for him. Thank you again and please shoot me an email if you have any questions or would like to help in any other way.
http://www.geocities.com/slowcrx/RIP_Alex.html

frown.gif

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

I don't know if they are the same person or not, but if both HybridHB is the same HybridHB, this tactic of trying to use people's sympathy for personal gain is really sickening...

You can help an NBA Player...

With the holiday season approaching, please look into your heart to help those in need. Hundreds of NBA basketball players in our very own country are living at or just below the seven-figure salary level (Atrocious!) And, as if that weren't bad enough, they will be deprived of pay for several weeks-possibly a whole year-as a result of the lock-out. But now you can help!

For about $684.93 a day-that's less than the cost of a large screen TV-you can help a basketball player remain economically viable during his time of need. This contribution by no means solves the problem, as it only totals the yearly league minimum, but it's a start. $2000.00 a day may not seem like a lot of money to you, but to a basketball player it could mean the difference between a vacation spent golfing in Florida or a Mediterranean cruise. For you, two thousand dollars is nothing more than three months rent or mortgage payments. But to a basketball player, two thousand dollars a day will almost replace his salary. Your commitment of two thousand dollars a day will enable a player to buy that home entertainment center, trade in the year-old Lexus for a new Ferrari, or enjoy a weekend in Rio.

"HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?"
Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the player you sponsor. Detailed information about his stocks, bonds, 401(k), real estate, and other investment holdings will be mailed to your home. You'll also get information on how he plans to invest the $5 million lump sum he will receive upon retirement. Plus upon signing up for this program, you will receive a photo of the player (unsigned. For a signed photo, please include an additional $50.00). Put the photo on your refrigerator to remind you of other peoples' suffering.

"HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING"
Your basketball player will be told that he has a SPECIAL FRIEND who just wants to help in a time of need. Although the player won't know your name, he will be able to make collect calls to your home via a special operator just in case additional funds are needed for unexpected expenses. Simply fill out the form below.

___YES, I want to help! I would like to sponsor a striking NBA basketball player. My preference is checked below: { } Starter { } Reserve { } Star* { } Superstar** { } Entire team*** { } I'll sponsor a player most in need. Please select one for me. * Higher cost ** Much higher cost *** Please call our 900 number to ask for the cost of a specific team (Sorry, does not include cheerleaders).

Please charge the account listed below $684.93 per day for a reserve player or starter for the duration of the strike. Please send me a picture of the player I have sponsored, along with a team logo and my very own NBA Players Association badge to wear proudly on my lapel. { } MasterCard { } Visa { } American Express { } DiscoverCard { } Diner's Club

Your Name: __________________________ Telephone Number: __________________________ Account Number: __________________________ Exp.Date:_________ Signature: __________________________

Mail completed form to NBA Players Association or call 1-888-TOO MUCH now to enroll by phone. (Children under 18 must have parental approval.)

Note: Sponsors are not permitted to contact the player they have sponsored, either in person or by other means including, but not limited to, telephone calls, letters, e-mail, or third parties. Keep in mind that the basketball player you have sponsored will be much too busy enjoying his free time, thanks to your generous donations. Ah yes, contributions are not tax-deductible.

Yes i am the same HybridHB that posted this in NSXSC. I know this is bad to post, but i am posting this in case anyone would like to donate. We have already contacted the Bulgarian embassy and US embassy(sp?). Since he has family there in bulgaria, they will not conver the charges. The US is already paying for his medical bills, which i am glad they did not try to pass onto his family since he was airlifted and on life support for 12 hours before he was pronounced deceased. I am sorry for posting this but i dont know any other way to raise money. If you guys feel this should be locked or deleted please do so, im not here to make anyone mad or scam anyone. Im just trying to help a friend who is still in the morgue.
Again im sorry, i feel dumb for having to post this.

I posted this knowing i would lose faceand/or face riducule wguch i dont blame you guys. But i really dont know what else to do.

Mods, please delete this thread, i should have never posted this.

Yes i am the same HybridHB that posted this in NSXSC. I know this is bad to post, but i am posting this in case anyone would like to donate. We have already contacted the Bulgarian embassy and US embassy(sp?). Since he has family there in bulgaria, they will not conver the charges. The US is already paying for his medical bills, which i am glad they did not try to pass onto his family since he was airlifted and on life support for 12 hours before he was pronounced deceased. I am sorry for posting this but i dont know any other way to raise money. If you guys feel this should be locked or deleted please do so, im not here to make anyone mad or scam anyone. Im just trying to help a friend who is still in the morgue.
Again im sorry, i feel dumb for having to post this.

I posted this knowing i would lose faceand/or face riducule wguch i dont blame you guys. But i really dont know what else to do.

Mods, please delete this thread, i should have never posted this.

Ermmm... If this really is the case I'm sorry to mention what I did. But with all the scams going around the internet can't help but wonder a bit...

[This message has been edited by Zuerst (edited 06 April 2002).]

US don't pay for my medical bills, glad to know my taxpayer money was spent on him. Why don't you do us all a favor and post a copy of the death certificate, accident report, or newspaper article. Of course all of your money is tied up so you can't do anything, duh! Your dead friend didn't care enough about himself or anyone else to buy any life, health, vehicle insurance, so good thing he didn't kill anyone.

Im trying to get the death certificate right now to scan. It wasnt his bike that he wrecked, it was my other friends bike. He was from a foreign country and paid for college by himself plus all living expenses. He drove a $1000 truck so he can work installing cable modems/lines. It constantly broke and he couldnt afford much else. Please dont make me feel bad for trying to help him.

It wasnt his bike that he wrecked, it was my other friends bike < snip > He drove a $1000 truck so he can work installing cable modems/lines
Florida has some of the more strict insurance regs (and high costs), partly cause its a no-fault state.

Some sort of mandatory insurance should cover his bills, unless I'm missing something -- that $1000 truck would've required some sort of no-fault collision coverage.

If he didn't own the vehicles, the owner's insurance should cover things.

No no, i was using the truck to show how little money he had. He was on my other friends mototrcycle, which was also uninsured.

In regards to some posts above:
If you're going to help, help. If not then don't. But lets please be respectful and show some class. geez

Like a lot of people, I didn't want to get involved with this thread, but after making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I took up the cause. Last week, someone I know was (once again) car-jacked for a MB 430, and (once again) I was reminded of what a potential target a person with a nice car can be. I've also been unfortunate enough to have had to go and collect a loved one after a fatal auto accident. Having said that, if I make it a point to ask someone why they are only concerned with getting money, and not how they plan on shipping a body without a death certificate, someone has the chance to respond. If I don't like the person's response, I ask tougher questions. I don't address my concerns directly, because I don't want to give anyone ideas as to what they may be doing wrong. This is the only way I have to get to the truth. If this is bogus, hey, nice try. If this is legit, here take my PayPal balance, I'm a biker too.

As for having class, I used to think that class was sitting on the sidelines and turning the other cheek. Nowadays, I think that class is ripping off your shirt and diving in, head first, fighting for what you believe in, even knowing that the odds are against you. Sorry if my tactics are offensive, but the last time two muggers pulled me into an alley, two muggers came running out. If I see a crime taking place, I get involved. If I hear a car alarm, I look out the window.

No offense taken. I am trying to get my hands on some paperwork for you guys to see that im legit. Ive never dealt with a death before, especially since the situation is very odd. Since he had no family here i dont know where the death certificate goes to. I also tried to look in the online obituaries but i think the list comes from funeral home bookingss, which he hasnt been booked since hes in the morgue and we are trying to get him flown home.

Again, please dont think im a scammer. Im just trying to help a friend, and i understand that you guys dont want "my kind" in your forums.

He was flown home today, so please disregard this post or delete it (mods). Again, sorry for having this in here.

Back