• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help Buying a 2008 Honda Odyssey

Well, the Jeep Grand Cherokee turns 10 years old this coming August. Tags and smog will be due. She is getting up there in miles. I really wanted to get one of those slick 400+ HP Grand Cherokee SRT8’s to replace her, but that aint’ gonna happen!

Time to face the music of the 2.5 kids and wife….she wants a minivan! :eek:

There is no question which one to get. Like any new model or model year, Honda is very secretive about what changes if any the 2008 Odyssey will feature. The consensus is that there will be very few, if any changes. Still, we would rather opt for 2008 instead of a 2007, especially since the early fall will be our timeframe. The dealers are supposed to get the info on the 2008’s very shortly.

My question – does anybody have an “in” with a Honda dealer or other buying service for us to order one? Would prefer So.Cal, but might consider elsewhere in the region if the deal is worthwhile.

Please reply or PM me

Thanks!

Marc

Time to face the music of the 2.5 kids and wife….she wants a minivan! :eek:
Many of us NSX'rs have an Odyssey as our 'practical' family mover. My wife loves our 2002. Only 2 minor warranty issues in 70k miles, otherwise running great.

A good website for all things Odysssey is www.odyclub.com. Perhaps you'll find more info there to help you.

Marc, give my friend John a call at Sierra Honda (Monrovia) 800-404-2886. He's the internet/fleet manager there. Tell him Aaron (Nimbus) sent you. I bought all my Honda from him including my wife's '06 Odyssey Touring and my '06 S2000. He's not just a salesman referral but my long personal friend. I have 100% confidence he'll treat you right.

Marc, give my friend John a call at Sierra Honda (Monrovia) 800-404-2886. He's the internet/fleet manager there. Tell him Aaron (Nimbus) sent you. I bought all my Honda from him including my wife's '06 Odyssey Touring and my '06 S2000. He's not just a salesman referral but my long personal friend. I have 100% confidence he'll treat you right.

Ha ha, that's where I bought my Odyssey! I dealt directly with Helen (Sales manager). John got pissed when she gave me a great deal on it. It was certified and was getting ready to come out on the front line. Usually deals are made after they have been in inventory for awhile.

You could PM prime member pierceman.
Matt helped us out in getting our 2005 when the 3rd generation first came out. He was the man at Honda World in Westninster. Although he's the man at Planet Acura in Downey now, maybe he can still help you out.
Like tbNSX mentioned, odyclub is a wealth of info.
Good Luck!
Perry

You could PM prime member pierceman.
Matt helped us out in getting our 2005 when the 3rd generation first came out. He was the man at Honda World in Westninster. Although he's the man at Planet Acura in Downey now, maybe he can still help you out.
Like tbNSX mentioned, odyclub is a wealth of info.
Good Luck!
Perry

Matt (Piereceman) is an excellent source. I believe his family still owns Honda world and he's helped dozens of folks at S2Ki.com get great deals on new Honda's. And he's a very nice guy.

Back