• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help car wont start

I just washed my car, drove it back in the garage and an hour later it wont start. When I turn the key there is no click or crank and dash lights work just fine and dont even dim at all. I thought to move the passenger seat and bang on the firewall (main relay area) but the seats have no power so I checked stereo and ac, none of them power. No idea whats going on here now, but car seems to have plenty of juice in other areas but wont crank at all. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Please help! Thanks

Still trying to figure it out...the clock, power windows, horn work. Stereo, AC unit do not work. I also just noticed that when I lock the door with the remote the alarm light does not flash and also it seems to try to re-lock itslef randomly after a few seconds.

There is a 20A fuse in the engine compartment for the security system you might check. If it is out the engine will not turn over and the door locks will not work properly.

Gary

I checked all the fuses and nothing worked. So then I unplugged the battery and reconnected it. Everything seems fine now. So maybe once the security system was reset it was ok. Hopefully this was only a one time thing.

I was gonan say, tighten your battery. You're car will crank even if the main relay is bad, so most likely a loose battery connection..?

This happend again this morning. I tried to start the car, it made a click then would not turn. Doors locked themselves and car has full power except seats, stereo and ac unit. I would hit unlock and they lock right away by itself. I am pretty sure its the security system but not sure what to fix. Any help would be great. I can unplug the battery again but who knows how lang this fix will last.

Thanks

Back