• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help for wheels

Hello,
I have a 92 NSX with stock wheels (15x6.5 front and 16x8 rear).
I would like to upgrade but there is a thing I don't understand, about offset:
I think the front oem have offset +55, if I fit for example an offset of +35 does the wheel came in or out of the car ?

My idear is to fit the Enkei RP03 wheels:
I want to fit 17x8 +40 front and 18x10 +22 rear, does this setup fit correctly ? Does it allows me to fit big brakes next ? If I lower the car does that works ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Enkei RP03.jpg
    Enkei RP03.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hello,
I have a 92 NSX with stock wheels (15x6.5 front and 16x8 rear).
I would like to upgrade but there is a thing I don't understand, about offset:
I think the front oem have offset +55, if I fit for example an offset of +35 does the wheel came in or out of the car ?

My idear is to fit the Enkei RP03 wheels:
I want to fit 17x8 +40 front and 18x10 +22 rear, does this setup fit correctly ? Does it allows me to fit big brakes next ? If I lower the car does that works ?

Thanks
Big brakes are more dependant on the shape of the disc (spokes) than the offset. Im not 100% sure, but i believe a bbk wont be a problem with the Enkei RP03.

As for offsets - fronts are no problem, but to fit rear wheels like that, you MUST first lower the car for them to tuck in under the fender and you will probably have to run a narrower tire - like 255. It will look badass though! :biggrin:

the higher the offset number the more tucked in the centerline of the wheel will be .....I sound like yoda:redface:

Big brakes are more dependant on the shape of the disc (spokes) than the offset. Im not 100% sure, but i believe a bbk wont be a problem with the Enkei RP03.

As for offsets - fronts are no problem, but to fit rear wheels like that, you MUST first lower the car for them to tuck in under the fender and you will probably have to run a narrower tire - like 255. It will look badass though! :biggrin:

You don't "need" to lower the car, but you will need to run a narrow tire. As the suspension compresses, the wheel automatically goes inward due to the suspension geometry. It will look funny, however, if you're not lowered.

For a 18x10" wheel, I recommend something like a +30 offset to be safe. Wheel position (relative to the fender) is dependent on offset AND wheel width. Use this calculator to help you.
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Do you know 17x8 and 18x10 setup is good ?
or you think there is a better setup ?
I want to stay between 7 and 8 in front and 9 and 10 in rear.
What do you think ?

Thanks

If you really want the Enkei RP03, I would get these sizes (from what I gather is available for the Enkei RP03s):

17x8" +40 for the front
18x9.5" +38 for the rear

Tire sizes would be 215/40/17 for the front and 265/35/18 for the rear. This setup should give a good overall look and performance with minimal issues.

Does anyone already fits The Antera 349 wheels on tne NSX ?
If Yes what size can I fit ?
17x7.5 and 18x9.5 ? with BBK and lower car ?

Attachments

• antera_349.jpg
    antera_349.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 28
Stick to the RP03, way higher quality.

Back