• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

help hesitation on takeoff

anderson152

Suspended
when i take off sometime it hesitates for about a block then it catches speed what is that? also im from newjersey anybody know where i can get the timing and waterpump changed without getting ripped?

Look in the current issue of NSX Driver the NSXCA magazine.
There is a excellent article by VP Larry Bastanza on "Cleaning your Throttle Body" a fairly easy do it yourself. A dirty throttle body very likely is your problem and easy to clean with the help of this clear step by step outline that includes photos.
You are a member of the NSXCA aren't you?

I think it also could be a clogged fuel filter.
What year and miles are on your car?

As for service on your NSX you can contact Larry Bastanza, in Warwick, NY. I and others recommend him highly. Try here: [email protected]
He won't "rip" but your car will when he is done. :biggrin:

anderson152 said:
when i take off sometime it hesitates for about a block then it catches speed what is that? also im from newjersey anybody know where i can get the timing and waterpump changed without getting ripped?

Contact Larry Bastanza through this forum. He is located in Warwick NY but the TLC your car will get is well worth the trip. And he won't rip you off. In fact he has talked me out of more stuff I thought I needed but did'nt and I'm much better off for the experience.

thanks guys i spoke to him before i posted the forum but he said he didnt know what it might be just from conversation and the car has 61243 miles on it 91 nsx im in east orange newjersey kinda far is there any other good nsx mechanics?

anderson152 said:
thanks guys i spoke to him before i posted the forum but he said he didnt know what it might be just from conversation and the car has 61243 miles on it 91 nsx im in east orange newjersey kinda far is there any other good nsx mechanics?

The next logical local resource is Bridgewater Acura. Call Mike Lasko
908-704-0300 and he will fix you up with their service department. They are much better than they used to be.

MAKE time to go see Larry. The next best option is Bernie at Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA....not close either, but about 30 minutes from Trenton.

Cheeres-

NevSX

Back