• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help me please, should I be scared away

I am extremely interested (obsessed) with obtaining an NSX. I am somewhat limited financially and am looking at early model years. I have found a 91 with 134,000 miles. It has had the 100k service done. They are asking $31,900. It has aftermarket wheels and brakes/rotors and supposedly a $3500 paint job. I haven't run a carfax yet to get the history. I have been looking for a while now and think the price should be more in the 25k to 26k range. Can anyone confirm if this is too high for this year with those miles. Should I be scared away from an NSX with that high of mileage? Hope someone can help advise. Thanks in advance...

Vin: JH4NA1155MT001392

yellowboy said:
I am extremely interested (obsessed) with obtaining an NSX. I am somewhat limited financially and am looking at early model years. I have found a 91 with 134,000 miles. It has had the 100k service done. They are asking $31,900. It has aftermarket wheels and brakes/rotors and supposedly a $3500 paint job. I haven't run a carfax yet to get the history. I have been looking for a while now and think the price should be more in the 25k to 26k range. Can anyone confirm if this is too high for this year with those miles. Should I be scared away from an NSX with that high of mileage? Hope someone can help advise. Thanks in advance...

Vin: JH4NA1155MT001392

sounds like a good deal :rolleyes: Just kidding, walk away- price is way to high :wink:

Damn!!!! That car is really only worth 21-24k at most...Look on NSXPime NSX for sale or Autotrader.com for more realistic prices...I bought my very clean 1991 Black/black 5speed with 73k for 21,000 two years ago!!! I did steal it, but I did want to point out the prices avail. out there...For 31K you can pick up a pretty sweet low to med. mileage NSX...Good Luck!!!! Brent :biggrin:

Oh I forgot to ask, Does Paris Hilton come with the car for a weekend? That would explain the extra 10K!!!!!! Brent :biggrin:

An exceptional 134k '91 might be worth $25k. Throw in a repaint and I think you are in the high teens unless it is REALLY well done, and well documented respray.

Afraid of miles: No
Afraid of maint due: Maybe
Afraid of repaint: Yep
Afraid of dealer: Absolutely, that is a total rip-off price

You can get a nice NSX for $30k. That does not sound like one. Check the marketplace.

I have to agree with everyone else, it sounds like it's 10K too high, and at 21K it might be false economy. There are some nice ones to choose from (such as mine!) in the 'for sale' section here on Prime. No reason to buy an iffy car.

Bobby

iI got my 91 for 31k at 60,000 miles. you will find another one,just glue yourself to the computer for 2 months like i did!

Miles are no big deal if maintenance is done, but that seller is smoking crack if they think they really are going to get that much for the car!! That car is probably a $22,000 car or in that general ballpark if it is in decent shape. But in no way is it wrorth over $30,000!!!! :eek: :eek:

Reference: I bought my '94 NSX with ~60,000 miles over two years ago for less money than that!!

I would quickly like to thank all who replied to my initial posting. I value all the information provided and will continue looking for the right NSX! I had a feeling that I should stay clear of this one but needed to hear it from others that know what to look for and what to stay away from in an NSX. I will dive into this website as I find it already to be very useful and full of valuable knowledge. I hope to find an NSX soon and be a part of this group for many years to come!

Yellowboy - I would suggest you post in the NSX Wanted forum here with what you're looking for (approx $$$, model/color/etc). That's what I did and my car found me.

Back