• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HELP - Newport Coast California - HELP

Anyone here from around Newport Coast California????

I live in Chicago and I won a set of wheels on ebay from Newport Coast CA, and the seller will not ship the items. Pick up only. I have arranged to pick up the wheels on Jan 8th, but he refuses to wait that long.

If someone could pick up the wheels for me, and ship them I would pay for their time and shipping of course. I am not sure why he refuses to ship them, but he is very addiment about not shipping them. Very Weird!

But its a deal too good to pass up! Advan Model 5's for 385 dollars for the whole set!!!

Can you please help? He is demanding pick up within 1-2 days!

For faster response, my number is 847-344-9010

Thanks

Jason

hello, if no one else can I might be able to go to newport. Im about an hr away but becaue of the work rush at UPS I probably couldn't go till christmas eve on friday assuming I got the day off. I know the thread is fairly new so others will prob chim in as there are a lot of ppls closer in the area.

Last edited:
I live about 10 minutes away. Give my the info via a PM and I can take care of this.
Les

I live about 10 minutes away. Give my the info via a PM and I can take care of this.
Les

Way to step up man ;). I hope the rain clears up so we can hit the range soon. Stupid Rain. It has sucked like no other working out doors the last few days.

Way to step up man ;). I hope the rain clears up so we can hit the range soon. Stupid Rain. It has sucked like no other working out doors the last few days.

Hopefully it will stop so we can try next week. Try to stay dry!!

I hope whoever helped the OP is going to get a cut of the $2000 he is now selling these for in the classifieds.

$350 eBay auction price, seems a bit greedy.
dunno.gif

I hope whoever helped the OP is going to get a cut of the $2000 he is now selling these for in the classifieds.

$350 eBay auction price, seems a bit greedy.
dunno.gif

ahhhh.....interesting. Sucks that he's doing that to his fellow Primers.

He does love them though! But he just doesn't have enough money to keep them! :confused:

I can't believe it! The ebay seller was sketchy. I bid on these wheels 3 times and was outbid at the last minute twice. To make a long story short I believe the seller was shill bidding using another account to drive up the price and then he turned around and gave me a second chance offer at my highest bid. I reported him to ebay twice and it looks like he finally decided to let the auction end legitimately.

$385 is a great price for these wheels, I wish I could have won them at my original bid of $600.

I can't believe I was going to try to help this guy:mad:

This is entertaining but what kills me is that the OP is asking for help from fellow primers and then turns around and tries to profit from the same people.

Yes he was asking for help, however he was willing to compensate this person for their time and for the shipping of course. I feel indifferent on this issue.

Thanks for understanding:

1. You are correct - profit is shared with the person who helped me pick them up

2. You are correct- he was shill bidding, and i have proof of it

3. I also turned him into ebay

4. I love these rims, but after cost of picking them up i need to charge enough to make this all worth it

5. I was asking what a fair price to be fair. Not to start a war.

6. Sellor was very shady

I can't believe I was going to try to help this guy:mad:

BTW - Thank you for offering to help! As I said I already had someone driving from phoenix to pick them up. And yes, they are getting compensated well - in fact, with a significant percentage of the sale above my costs.

Regardless what I paid for them, they do have intrinsic value... and when sold should sell for what they are worth not what I paid for it.

Its not ripping off anyone... especially when i offered the orginal seller on eBay more money to ship the item (not just shipping costs but more for the item) in order to avoid having to do all this running around.

He tried to cancel the sale several times because it didnt go his way. When you put something for sale in an auction you must be prepared to deal with the sale if it goes in or out of your favor. If you have a price in mind, he should have had a reserve price. Plain and simple!

Jason

Back