• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! NSX won't start up after winter! Video inside!

So after the long winter, I charged up my battery and tried to start up the car, but to my surprise, it didn't. The car survived last winter just fine and was running good the last time out.

I'm clueless when it comes to mechanics so I recorded what happenned when I tried to start. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks everyone.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z56UKvWnVMM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z56UKvWnVMM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It looks like bad/weak battery... Did you have a battery tender on it thru the winter?

Terminals are on tight. Maybe I'll buy another battery to be sure. This battery of mine has been laying in the garage for more than a year.

Before you buy a new battery, you should test or recharge your old battery first --- some battery shop would do it for free. Good luck!

Battery...

Man I have to give you credit for actually making a video instead of going into some long explanation as to what happens. You may not be saavy with mechanics but your brain works right when it comes to computers and the internet. Wish everyone would do this.

Man I have to give you credit for actually making a video instead of going into some long explanation as to what happens. You may not be saavy with mechanics but your brain works right when it comes to computers and the internet. Wish everyone would do this.

I agree .... a picture is worth a thousand words but a video is priceless

I wonder if it really is the battery, cuz I have experienced the similar, except it happened after a few cranks at the starter.. 'cluk cluk'.. then cranks again and the car starts. I wish I could record it too but it only happens once everything 20-30 starts. Anyone experienced such?

I wonder if it really is the battery, cuz I have experienced the similar, except it happened after a few cranks at the starter.. 'cluk cluk'.. then cranks again and the car starts. I wish I could record it too but it only happens once everything 20-30 starts. Anyone experienced such?

That sounds like the starter motor. Its only going to get worse. Temps is clearly battery as you can hear it run very slow.

It was the battery. Recharged the battery for free at AutoZone and it started right up. You guys are great!!

I'm so glad it wasn't something else. Time to hit the road with this baby. Thanks everyone.

Back