• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Helped needed to check out car in Scottsdale.

Hi,

I'm interested in a NSX located in Scottsdale but I'm unable to personally check it out because I'm in a different state. Would anyone have any spare time to check out the car for me. Please PM me if you are available to help and I will gladly compensate you for your time and expenses.

Thanks!

David

I am also considering that car at this time but have not had time to really look at it, good luck.

Hi,

I'm interested in a NSX located in Scottsdale but I'm unable to personally check it out because I'm in a different state. Would anyone have any spare time to check out the car for me. Please PM me if you are available to help and I will gladly compensate you for your time and expenses.

Thanks!

David

Did you actually manage to get a reply from the owner ? Also this particular car was early on reinstated as a "clean title" after being stolen. I don't know how that affects the value on the car but make sure you check that out properly !

Did you actually manage to get a reply from the owner ? Also this particular car was early on reinstated as a "clean title" after being stolen. I don't know how that affects the value on the car but make sure you check that out properly !

so it was a salvage title and then got washed? if that is the case forget it...

I'm in Scottsdale but also shopping a red one, so may be conflict there. What year?

The one I am talking about is a 93 red/black with chrome wheels and is listed by the owner/dealer on approvedautoaz.com . The owner was the one who even brought up the topic of reinstated title

The one I am talking about is a 93 red/black with chrome wheels and is listed by the owner/dealer on approvedautoaz.com . The owner was the one who even brought up the topic of reinstated title

You're in luck, or out of it depending on what you think of this: I've seen and driven that car months ago. It was listed in the high 30 thousands for a while. The listing said very clean interior. It was not clean. The interior had sever broken pieces including air vents and the plastic around the radio. Very worn interior where not broken. I actually said to the guy.. 'You call this a clean interior?'. Ordinarily I would never utter any negatives about another dudes car but it just came out, uncontrolled. Felt bad afterwards. The front-end felt very loose and springy, not at all like my former nsx. I told him the car was worth high 20's in my not so expert opinion. He said no way he would let it go for that. But it does need work. Can't comment on the engine because I would not push it out of fear. The owner was a young dude that I think needs a few years before coming into his own as a car dealer, but a nice guy once you get past the deceitful advertising. Hope that helps. Maybe it was sold to another dealer that fixed a bunch of stuff? Who knows, but I would ask for some hi-res shots of the interior parts before spending money on a ppi. Let me know if it needs a revisit and I will check it out again for you. No fear of my buying it, I'm looking for 2002+. -george

Thanks guys. That was the car I was talking about. I'm no longer interest in the car. Thanks for the information.

David

How's the exterior on the car to those that have seen it? I spoke to a guy named Mike who says it's his personal car and he advised me it will need nothing except some new tires since the current ones are dry rotted from sitting. I'm located all the way in Boston MA so any info would be appreciated...

How's the exterior on the car to those that have seen it? I spoke to a guy named Mike who says it's his personal car and he advised me it will need nothing except some new tires since the current ones are dry rotted from sitting. I'm located all the way in Boston MA so any info would be appreciated...

Please don't take his word for it. Did he fix the air vents, and the plastic around the radio? Are you ok with broken air vents? The exterior was ok, but I didn't look closely to see if it had body work since the interior tuned me off. I think the wheels are cheap but I'm not an expert. One driving impression: The front-end felt loose compared to other cars and the suspension was very springy. It's the worse car I've seen out of the 8 or so that I've checked out recently, but oddly enough it was cool.. with these cars even the worse one is kinda cool and fun to drive. But I think you could do better.

Thanks so much, I think I'm going to take my time and find something closer. I would hate to regret it and ultimately give up my E46 M3 for a car that wasn't sound.

Back