• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hey everyone I'm new

Hi guys (and ladies) I'm Jake and I have been lurking on the forums for a while and figured I'd make my first post and say 'hi'. I am currently looking for an NSX and your forum has been immensely helpful. I have some questions pertaining to things like PPI and such when buying a car over the internet. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post things like that and I was hoping someone could point me to the right sub forum. Thanks y'all and I look forward to a lot of time spent on here.

Hi guys (and ladies) I'm Jake and I have been lurking on the forums for a while and figured I'd make my first post and say 'hi'. I am currently looking for an NSX and your forum has been immensely helpful. I have some questions pertaining to things like PPI and such when buying a car over the internet. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post things like that and I was hoping someone could point me to the right sub forum. Thanks y'all and I look forward to a lot of time spent on here.
Welcome Jake,
Just spend time on the forums here as they will show you key factors to look for. If I were to do it all again, I'd be looking at the nsx for sale forums from owners here first and foremost. All others may be a gem and may be risky. Just my take on things. Hope you find your gem.
AJ

Hi Jake, I too was like you few years ago lurking to find a gem. I would have to say you're t the right place. I would look here at the for sale forum before venturing outside. Cars sold here are more known than the outside world. We have a tight community here and most know each other by first name and handles. So with that said, hopefully you find your gem here. I did! Good luck.

frankie

I have noticed that the cars listed on this forum seem much more honest and cared forand there is a lot less bullshit like, "I have so many calls and offers I'm not taking anything less than 40k" for a 91 stock with 180k miles. :/ I'm also having trouble with people not wanting to do PPI because the car is so cheap/popular/whatever. They just want me to fly half way across the country to test drive it. lol

It's very weird to me that so many people seem to think a PPI isn't needed. I know within the Ferrari/Lambo community you can't sell a car without a PPI. It will just never happen. Even if the car is listed 40k below retail and has 1200 miles on it it won't sell. Everyone seller just gets one at the local Ferrari/Lambo dealer and it makes things sooooo much easier.

I will definitely be checking out all the cars listed here and put a minor premium on them because of the apparent lack of bullshit.

Welcome! Have fun finding your NSX, the search is just as fun and rewarding as ownership! My $0.02: be patient, but have cash ready to go so when you find the right one, you snatch it up quickly!

Back