• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heya, I'm Kristy and I'm new here *waves*

My name is Kristy. I'm 27 years old and married. I live in SoCal with my husband. I'm a honda owner and an NSX-phile :)

Kristyrex2.jpg

I love Hondas!! I daily drive a 1989 Civic DX 4door, and I have an 88 CRX SI my late father gave me for my 17th birthday.

My husband has a (*shhhh, don't tell) porsche 924 track car he's putting a DSM 4G63T motor into (http://dstproject924.4t.com)

I came here hoping to get to meet some NSX owners and learn about the NSXs. My husband moderates on a couple Vbulletin driven boards, but I'm new to forums. This is the first one I've joined. Please go easy on me as I learn the ropes :)

I'm hoping to buy a pre owned NSX in the future so I thought this would be a great place to meet owners and learn about my FAVORITE car...Heck, maybe I can bum a ride or 2 also :biggrin: :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I don't know what Im doing around here, so bear with me as I come up to speed. Thanks so much!

Kristy

Welcome, hope you pick up a NSX someday.
If you ever find yourself in New Orleans (yes we're sill here) I'll buy you a drink and give you a ride.

Hi Kristy!

I don't live in SoCal, but I owned a 1984 CRX as my daily driver and track car at the time I bought my NSX new in late 1990. I called it "Christine" (after the Stephen King book/movie/car) and my license plate was CRXTINE. The people at the dealership got a kick out of the fact that I was buying a car with a sticker price over $60K to go alongside a car that cost a tenth the price.

Hope you can find that used NSX one of these days...

gene said:
Welcome, hope you pick up a NSX someday.
If you ever find yourself in New Orleans (yes we're sill here) I'll buy you a drink and give you a ride.

Thank you for the kind offer. I hope you guys are doing ok down in New Orleans. I thought I'd post a more recent pic of me.

997068878_m.jpg

I'm looking forward to my first ride in an NSX. I've been a fan since high school. I think the NSX is the most beautiful sports car on the planet. I'd rather have one than a Porsche (but don't tell my hubby- he's got a Porsche tattoo.. he doesn't get the Honda appeal).

Thanks again for reading.

ks

Welcome Kristy!

If you ever want to join us check on the southwestern forums......usually there is a meet at South Coast Acura at the first thursday of every month from 6pm- whenevers....usually its about 9-10pm when everyone is leaving........

also you will see at least two nsx's every other few weeks on thursday nights at Starbucks off 190th and Anza from 8:30pm till whenvers and that one lasts a very long time.........this pass thursday we were there till pass midnight and then some people will go eat afterwards.......so the next one should be in two weeks........

Link is here for s2000 meet with a few nsx's

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=410400

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=412781

Feel free to pm me if you need more info

redshift said:
Welcome Kristy! Your enthusiasm in contagious. Hope you have a great time here on Prime!!!

Thanks to all of you for welcoming me. This is the best NSX site I've seen yet; which is what made me want to register here. I'm looking forward to reading all the posts and learning.
Do you have any links with pics of NSXs with rollcages and/or drift-style setups?

Here is a funny pic of my husband and his POS Honda Wagon. It sure was fun.. cuz it was a HONDA,but I hated that car!!! It sure was ugly, but it NEVER let us down...never broke down no matter how much he abused the poor thing. (Hondas rule) Here's CLETUS drifting in the deserts of socal

dustycletus.jpg

1988 AWD Honda Civic Wagon (*bleh- that's my opinion)

More pics of Cletus at: http://dsthonduhs.4t.com

My dream is to have my CRX turned AWD turbo by using the "Real Time" system from the wagon hanging on a space frame in the trunk of the CRX with a DOHC ZC with a T03/04 or similar turbo as my daily driver. (Hubby helped me explain that a little bit- it's more complicated, I know.. but you guys know what i'm talking about). My hubby thinks it would be cool to use a CRV with all time and a turbo, but I want a rex like that :D afterall I AM "Miss CRX."

ks

So, did I miss the part where she's located:confused:
So maybe one of you fine gentleman could offer her a ride, or if she's near MI, Miss Mermi could give her a spin...

Now that'd be hot:wink: , 2 chicks in an NSX:biggrin: , Oh God:eek: Let me run to the bathroom and jump in the cold shower:redface:

Hi Kristy and welcome.

Your enthusiasm and questions are more than welcome here. There's an absolute ton of great information on this site. Much of which has been archived and can be readily accessed in the FAQ section or by using the search feature.

Lucklily for you and your hubbie... there are a lot of NSX owners here in S. CA. I'm sure many of us would be more than happy to let you check out our cars, go for a ride or ask all the questions you want.

Where in S. CA are you located (hint... updating your profile to show your locale under your username helps others here help you).

She lives in SoCal per the first post.

Welcome to the site. I joined a couple months ago, lurking, dreaming about the future NSX in my garage as well. Glad to see someone else in the same boat.

btcog82 said:
So, did I miss the part where she's located:confused:
So maybe one of you fine gentleman could offer her a ride, or if she's near MI, Miss Mermi could give her a spin...

Now that'd be hot:wink: , 2 chicks in an NSX:biggrin: , Oh God:eek: Let me run to the bathroom and jump in the cold shower:redface:

Oh sorry. I'm from Southern California...about 2hrs from LA, towards the desert.

Haha...of course that would be HOT (two chicks in an NSX)...but see.. we wouldn't need a man if we were rolling in that car! I would rather hear the sound of the engine (gotta love that Vtec switch over) than some dude whining in my ear about sex while i'm driving in a "sex" (CRX abbreviated is "rex"... so I figured NSX abbreviated would be "sex.") Cuz thats all you guys have on your minds haha, but I know you're just men so you're excused ;)

:D

P.S. Im just messing around with you silly boys :cool:

Miss CRX said:
1988 AWD Honda Civic Wagon
We had one of those, too (an '88, too!). It was gold and we named it "Puck" because of the sound of its alarm system, and it became "Puck the Magic Wagon" (license plate MAGC WGN). We took it to the track a few times (hoping for rain, of course ;) ) and would say, "It may not be the fastest car on the track, but it's the tallest!" For our purposes - hauling around two fairly large dogs (we bought dog crates that just fit precisely in the car), daily driving, winter warrior, etc - it was perfect.

wMTI5MDI4MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Nice to see someone else on the forum... Just a note though. I checked that link that your hubby laid out... DAM, a tattoo for a 924?!?

I would have taken atleast a 930 to warrant body markings :biggrin:

Welcome... Enjoy

Mr.Wolf-Spokane said:
Nice to see someone else on the forum... Just a note though. I checked that link that your hubby laid out... DAM, a tattoo for a 924?!?

I would have taken atleast a 930 to warrant body markings :biggrin:

Welcome... Enjoy

He's a Porsche-phile... and has owned more than just a 924 or two. The one on that page is the first car he ever had so he's attached to it. I thought about getting an "H" tattoo.. but nah.

Do you have any pics of your "last production NSX"?

hello Christine, i think i may have seen you before around the Westminster area?? it was late in the evening and you asked me about my car at the stop light? no?

but anyways, welcome. attend a monthly South Coast Acura meet in Costa Mesa and check out the local's rides. laters.

enesexdreamer said:
hello Christine, i think i may have seen you before around the Westminster area?? it was late in the evening and you asked me about my car at the stop light? no?

but anyways, welcome. attend a monthly South Coast Acura meet in Costa Mesa and check out the local's rides. laters.

Hey enesexdreamer...if you're talking to me, my name is Kristy and no, I've never met you before. I haven't been to the Westminster area since I was about 12. :) If you were referring the the "crxtine" post, then I apologize.

Do any of you know if there's a forum like this just for CRXs? I need some parts for my rex and I'd prolly have better luck for that there.

Thanks again for the info and the invites. :)

Ok dudes...I posted my pic.. so lemme see your pics, or more importantly, your cars. :) Are there any other girls on this forum? It's really hard for me to find females that are into cars like I am.

^^^^^

Hey Kristy!! Welcome, I sold my NSX a little while back but have many friends on this forum and check in from time to time. Besides my NSX my other long time love is my 1990 CRX Si. I'm the original owner and I bought her back in 1991 when I was in High School.

I'm not going to go into everything I did to the CRX but I spent almost as much money on her as I did buying my 1998 NSX and it's faster, handles better, brakes better, gets better fuel mileage, and hauls more stuff :eek: So if you have any questions regarding ANYTHING CRX related I can most likely answer them off the top of my head.

As far as good forums for JUST CRXs, there are none left anymore :( However, Honda-Tech has great info as does my forum that I just started recently, www.tuner-junction.com. It's up and coming and is really a work in progress, it's mostly kids so the topics are very "off-color" but I believe we have the most knowledgeable group of CRX guys out there!! Stop by some time!!

IMG_6448.JPG

IMG_6993.JPG

-John

Welcome Kristy! Best of luck on your hunt for the nsx.

jadkar said:
As far as good forums for JUST CRXs, there are none left anymore :( However, Honda-Tech has great info
honda-tech.com is the most frequented website for quite a few of the Honda and Acura models (the NSX forum being one notable exception), and has separate forums for each model. The CRX forum there also includes pre-'92 Civics. So does the one on honda-acura.net.

Hugh said:
During Sunday night chats, DocL dresses up in a chiffon cocktail dress and a pair of Manolos. Is that close enough for you? :biggrin:

I hope you like the color Hugh, you picked it out sweetheart. :biggrin:

Don't pay too much attention to Hugh Miss. CRX. He just ate one kernel of cooked corn tonight and he's timing how long it will take to pass out through his stoma.

Welcome aboard.

Miss CRX said:
Ok dudes...I posted my pic.. so lemme see your pics, or more importantly, your cars. :) Are there any other girls on this forum? It's really hard for me to find females that are into cars like I am.
For pictures, go here.

For pictures of prime members, go here (thanks Brandon).

Back