• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hi everyone, New Aussie here with some questions

Hi everyone, I guess Im your newest member, although unfortunatly I dont have my NSX yet, unlike america they are extremly rare, EXTREMLY :( (think skyline GTR rare, well GTR's are common here) but its making finding the right one very difficult, up until a week ago, I had never actually seen one in person, Im guessing there are a little more in the US because they are much cheaper.

Anyway I continue to hunt for the right one, I tune all my sports cars for power and as such I would really like to know what the maximum potential possible out of the engines is, keeping it in NA form (3.0 or 3.2 doesn't matter I can stroke the engine) Of the ones I have seen, there havent been any massive power NA examples, I have seen the supercharged route and the turbo route that most go, however quoting a very popular mag here called "Speed": "The 3200cc NSX C32B V6 is highly tuneable and capable of making over 370kW in NA form"

Now this is a massive figure, considering here in AUS we use the DIN method of power, which makes that over 530+ SAE hp, so this is obviously achievable, it shows the car but makes no mention of mods, could someone please shed light on what it would take to get that kind of juice out of the engine (im used to turbo's and its my first honda :eek: ) I currently have a jaguar Xj6 and a 300zx TT whose engine is in the shop being built for 9 second street runs (no nos)

Thank-you everyone in advance, and sorry its so long, I also hope I got this in the right section, there are so many, but I had to take it to the best NSX experts at the best forum :D :)

Last edited:
welcome fellow aussie.

Word of warning, check your bank account is healthy enough! Honda's are great for modifying and have a huge amount of aftermarket support in America and slowly getting up there in Oz.

Your also referring to the later model engine which is found in...wait for it...the later nsx models 97+ (i think?) price those babies in oz!

Unfortunately the NSX is not your average honda (in cost terms)There are two camps (aren't there always!) You've got the Na guys and the fi guys, pop over to the forced induction forum and see what people are getting (horespower wise). Note the cost in doing it right. I personally like the comptech supercharger but its around $15,000 grand in ozzie dollars
:eek:
The speed magzine is not to bad, i still like to stick to fast fours magazine.

Heheh my bank account is very healthy, unfortunatly its healthier than I am (trying to lose pounds myself :p )

Its hard enough trying to find ANY nsx's for sale, if I specify just a 97+ its going to get a whole lot harder, even if I find a pre 97 I will either stroke the 3.0 to a 3.2 or more, or I will just do an engine swap, none of my engines stay in stock condition for long ;)

I am aware of the superchargers available, however I am trying to see to what extent I can take an NA engine, the 370kW in the Speed mag was quoted as still being an NA engine, and is used for track work, and I wondered how, if I have to go the supercharged/turbo path then so be it :)

Im surprised I met another Aussie, great to see :D

If you're interested in getting a JDM car, you can find a good number of them here. Only thing is if I remember correctly, you have to have owned the overseas vehicle for the immediate preceding 12 months before being able to import it into Oz. Good luck.

Edit:

Sorry, in case you can't read Japanese, this is their stocklist page.

Thankyou for that page, however you aren't allowed to import an NSX from japan as they are sold here, it means that you are only allowed to use the car for track work or off road use, which is a real shame.

There are lots of rule changes happening at the moment, and Importing is becoming a big nightmare :(

blade83 said:
Thankyou for that page, however you aren't allowed to import an NSX from japan as they are sold here, it means that you are only allowed to use the car for track work or off road use, which is a real shame.

There are lots of rule changes happening at the moment, and Importing is becoming a big nightmare :(

That's odd, I know an Aussie chap who's just returned to Sydney from Hong Kong with his Ferrari 456GT and Porsche 911 in tow.

Yes that would be entirely possible as neither of those cars are actually japaneese or asian in any way, the rules being fiddled with are only surrounding japaneese imports, as such the NSX is a full japaneese import, its actually to try slow down the flow of japaneese cars into this country, as people are going crazy with skylines and silvias, the skyline here is as common as the civic, I have heard reports that japan is actually running out of skylines as they are all coming here :p

That's odd, I know an Aussie chap who's just returned to Sydney from Hong Kong with his Ferrari 456GT and Porsche 911 in tow.

From Hong kong is one way to get an NSX

The nsx will be elligible for the 15year import rule soon, thats another way

Bringing it over in parts is another way

Private import (must have owned it for a year in Japan) is yet another way (how i'm doing it):)

i'm not sure if i said g'day in another thread... but in case i didn't, welcome aboard fellow aussie. :cool:

Yeah, the fact the NSX is elligible for import is exciting... let's hope not every NSX in Japan has been modded. :rolleyes:
Though do you think with the lapse of this rule, we'll be able to import like a '95 or '97 NSX (even though they are less than 15yrs) or will the rules be so strict only '91's will be allowed in?! :confused:

Hehhe yeah we said hello, but doesn't matter, can always say ello to a fellow aussie again :p :cool:

IF, and big IF the 15 year rule isn't canned as government is trying to do, then only the 91 year model will be allowed in (still possible for it to be denied though) the 95's and 97's were sold here in showrooms from new, so they are a no go until the year 2009 and 2011 respectivley, sucks hey :(

If they ARE allowed in under the 15 year rule, then it might be a bad thing, if the prices are low enough, then they run the risk of becoming common, i.e the Skyline :confused: lets hope that doesn't happen.

blade83 said:
Hehhe yeah we said hello, but doesn't matter, can always say ello to a fellow aussie again :p :cool:

IF, and big IF the 15 year rule isn't canned as government is trying to do, then only the 91 year model will be allowed in (still possible for it to be denied though) the 95's and 97's were sold here in showrooms from new, so they are a no go until the year 2009 and 2011 respectivley, sucks hey :(

If they ARE allowed in under the 15 year rule, then it might be a bad thing, if the prices are low enough, then they run the risk of becoming common, i.e the Skyline :confused: lets hope that doesn't happen.

NSXs aren't common even in Japan; there's no chance of them becoming so in Australia.

let's hope not every NSX in Japan has been modded

not if i can help it!

NSXs aren't common even in Japan; there's no chance of them becoming so in Australia

there are two in Kurashiki with sorcery stickers on 'em, i've seen a black and a green one three or four times driving ,a red jgtc bodykit one, a red 91 in a car yard (Been there for a long time) in Okayama and THREE! silver ones in for shaken (registration). Thats just in my prefecture! Popped down to shin-kobe for two days and the first night i was out a gun-metal grey one in the street. So maybe a little more common than you may think.

In Adelaide there were a black and a yellow nsx owned by two brothers, a red and silver one i've seen cruising down rundle street and a black one at nordic honda, thats just in South Oz considering our population thats not bad! I've heard of many people looking into importing and such, so i don't know about 'no-chance':)

The fifteen year rule also included what month they were produced so you would have to take that into account also (if the rule doesnt get changed)
I think there was a petition on http://www.fastfours.com.au to try and stop it. Maybe too late?

Back