• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hi Rev Tuner show is HORRIBLE!!

Does anyone else think the new Speedchannel show "High Rev Tuner" is just plain God-awful? I understand the demographic they are trying to reach, but the production values are not very good, and the fact that they don't show the cars they are FEATURING is just stupid. Tonight's episode featured a wide-bodied S2000 with a Comptech Supercharger and a carbon fiber rear wing. So what do we see? A shot of the cylinder head (not the supercharger) zooming in & out so fast you could not focus on any aspect of the engine. They showed the carbon fiber wing from an angle that made a lot of sense...underneath the car!! Oh, and the wide body kit? Absolutely no shots whatsoever.
confused.gif
I will not watch this crap any longer.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I thought they were supposed to feature an NSX in the latest show? I suffered through the whole 30 minutes last night and never saw it.

I've said this before, but all of that camera movement makes me dizzy. How are you ever supposed to see the car when the camera is constantly panning around.

That feature on the K&N filter was original. Gee, I've never seen that demo before.

Yuck.

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T #49
Silverstone/Black
11,000 miles
No Mods

According to that show's style they did do a feature on the NSX...they just didn't show any pictures or talk about it at all (kind of like the S2000 widebody kit I mentioned above)
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Few nights ago was my first time watching the show. I hated it. It's not fun to watch. Nothing exciting about the show. I think Speed Channel can do better than that.

i saw this show and man, the camera technique they use is VERY annoying! They keep on moving the camera slow-fast-slow-fast. No focus on anything whatsoever! Besides that, it's only about show and not much performance.

Oh well, what do you expect when it's brought to you by non other than PEPBOYS!

I WANT to like the show - I think a lot of the import crowd does very creative work - but I just can't tolerate the style of the program! I actually had it on tonight while I was playing Gran Turismo2 (trying to see if the show was OK for a "Radio" show (ie. not watching, just listening)) but what good is a car show when you can't see the cars?
frown.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back