• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

hill top auto

after reading many praises of hill top auto i decided to take my car there and have don service it. purchased a 98 nsx-t black/tan w/ 67k miles and took delivery of it couple days ago.

as the car didn't have well documented maintenance records (last owner had it for almost 3 years but only put on 3000 miles, w/o any documented services except when he first got it), i was going to have the TB/WP replaced, and do the 60k service (fluids flushed, valve adjustment, etc), and replace major coolant system hoses. don took a look at the car and observed bolts were moved suggesting previous TB work, but will let me know if it needs to be changed once he had the valve cover off.

Can anyone suggest any specific areas i should pay attention to besides ones i have listed? from what i've read on prime don seems like a good mech and i hope he will put my car into good health (not that it's in any bad condition or anything, there was this other black nsx w/ empty engine bay there and don showed me the blown pistons... looked painful and lots of $$)

after reading many praises of hill top auto i decided to take my car there and have don service it. purchased a 98 nsx-t black/tan w/ 67k miles and took delivery of it couple days ago.

as the car didn't have well documented maintenance records (last owner had it for almost 3 years but only put on 3000 miles, w/o any documented services except when he first got it), i was going to have the TB/WP replaced, and do the 60k service (fluids flushed, valve adjustment, etc), and replace major coolant system hoses. don took a look at the car and observed bolts were moved suggesting previous TB work, but will let me know if it needs to be changed once he had the valve cover off.

Can anyone suggest any specific areas i should pay attention to besides ones i have listed? from what i've read on prime don seems like a good mech and i hope he will put my car into good health (not that it's in any bad condition or anything, there was this other black nsx w/ empty engine bay there and don showed me the blown pistons... looked painful and lots of $$)

Do whatever Don says. He will be canonized (sp?) soon by the Pope.

You should request specifically for Don himself to do the work.

I got the car back 2 days ago. So it turned out TB had been replaced previously and Don didn't think it was necessary to replace it again, ditto for wp. I had asked Don over the phone when I first talked to him whether he performs the work himself and he said yes, but I forgot to confirm it again when I brought the car in. I hope he was the one who worked on my car. I will remember it next time.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, Don was very professional, knowledgeable, and offered good advice. Highly recommended!

On to the detailer!! I'll be trying Mike Lee of Detailing Dynamics since I've read good things from other members on the board. Just don't know whether I should get it detailed before or after I do the interior carpeting (will be replacing it myself), I figure I will be taking apart of the interior so it'll probably be easy to do the interior myself.

I dropped my car at Don's this morning for a timing belt. Saw about four other NSXen there getting worked on. Anyone here? Say hi to my car when you pick yours up -- it'll be there for a few days :biggrin: .

Mine is there now for TB/WP replacement now. One of the O2 sensors is also being replaced, as well as the CV joint boot...

It will be an expensive one...

Back