• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HK and Asia NSX owners

Just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself. Name is mag located in HK. Just bought a 91 AT NSX for project base. Look forward to exchanging good info. Will be posting a lot of stock parts soon. thnx

Gong Hay Lay! GT NSX.

This is a Great Forum.

Sun Lien Fy Loc!

Hi~! Mag,

Hi~! My name is Victor. Good on you~! Take good care of your car~! I got an Auto too~~! 92 red~! `Hong good’ Wanna have a drink on Saturday afternoon~! Call me~! 66442544.
I bought my NSX car for only 11 months only, may be we can share some information.

Victor. S

Mag n Victor, you guys should contact Wilson Sham if you want to know anything about NSX, he is from NSX owner club Hongkong, his NSX used to be the first one that done 2002 facelift, he is my friend best friend

for more info about his NSX please click here

NSXsan,

Nice to meet you~! Are you from currently in Sydney now? I use to live in Sydney too....I will be in Sydney during the Chinese new Year and I will stay at West Pennant Hills, a friend of my told me Wilson’s car was sold, and his car is currently export to Australia, do you know anything about it?
Beside the red Auto 91 I had in HK, I also got a 92 Black manual in Sydney, and a 91 white auto, I am trying to get the yellow one in Hong Kong, but it seems very difficult now a days.

Victor .S

Mag,

What are you going to do with your car~!??? If you have anything taken away from your car, please let me know, sell it to me. I think i need a auto gear box soon. ha ha.

Victor.S

NSXsan,

Nice to meet you~! Are you from currently in Sydney now? I use to live in Sydney too....I will be in Sydney during the Chinese new Year and I will stay at West Pennant Hills, a friend of my told me Wilson’s car was sold, and his car is currently export to Australia, do you know anything about it?
Beside the red Auto 91 I had in HK, I also got a 92 Black manual in Sydney, and a 91 white auto, I am trying to get the yellow one in Hong Kong, but it seems very difficult now a days.

Victor .S

yes, I live in SYD. hmm, you should come earlier coz on the 14th JAN we are going to have a drive day, yes he sold it to his best friend and now in SYD yeah I know the car and him quite well his name is Thomas, BTW nice talking to you

---laski

did you get a black NSX for project??
there is a NSX club in HK and plan for a meet before CNY if you are interested.

Hi, is the HK NSX club still have a website? i remember there was a website of HK NSX club long time ago. Anywayz, i'm in NY and i'm from HK too. I have 92 auto Red.:biggrin:

HI~! Topman~!

Nice to meet you~! How's life in New York~!? I need to visit my U.S client 3 times per year...Is the shuttle bus station in China town moved? I need to take the shuttle bus from N.Y Chinatown to Boston's South station. I hope they are still in the same location.

Victor.S

How much did you get your NSX and where you get it from?
What things to look out when you examine the car overrall. Thanks for your advice. I am based in HK too, and love to see many NSX lovers in this part of the world.

How much did you get your NSX and where you get it from?
What things to look out when you examine the car overrall. Thanks for your advice. I am based in HK too, and love to see many NSX lovers in this part of the world.

What you have to be careful when examining a used NSX,
- History (maintainence record, correction of mileage, no. of previous owner, any accident). To be honest, maintainence record is difficult to chase due to the no. of owner and no one really take it back to dealer for service. Also it is very easy or common to roll back to mileage meter. The last is very important, check and see if there is any majoy accidents. I am sure every NSX in HK had some minor accident.

- Other that need to look for ABS, air condition, O2 sensor (check engine light), window, Tranny (snap ring).

- Also ask if the timing belts, coolant tank, all the hose have been changed.

Good luck on your serach.

Keno

the HK NSX web site is DEAD as the owner who was doing it left HK years ago!!

Tommy Li, HK Motoring in Kwun Tong is the president and we have bi-monthly meets.. not really regular stuff but we do see other owners which are also getting fewer with re-sale, write-offs etc...:frown:

Cannik,

Beside `ek4hatchback' had said, i also would like to remind you, if you trade via a car dealer, don't left your car behine, since my drive shaft has been changed. it cost you $8000+$1000 labor.
For the first week of ownership everything is OK, until one day..the car dealer phone me, and ask if i am interested on a pair of `spare' drive shaft, i felt so strange....i had a bad feeling about the phone call....is my parts been re-moved or ex-changed........at that moment...my car is still driving ok, two weeks later, i heard some knocking sound come out from my rear wheel, and the drive shaft really got a problem...and i truely believe someone had change my `drive shaft'.
And than...i call the car dealer, and i PRETEND i need to repair my NSX, he gave me the name of the work shop who got the spare part........

should i post their name out?

Maverickhk

Thanks Maverickhk,
I believe there are tonnes of tricks that used car dealer have in Hong Kong and this is what keep them survives, but not for long. But can you describe more how you left your car to the dealer? Is it before your car is picked after purchased or the dealer actually come to swap a crappy shaft after you've picked up your car? You should have post its name out, but they survival technique is to change name quickly. This case it can repeat the same tricks again to new walk in customer. If possible, I would prefer to have a private sales instead of from a what so called as dealer. .

Cannik,

Beside `ek4hatchback' had said, i also would like to remind you, if you trade via a car dealer, don't left your car behine, since my drive shaft has been changed. it cost you $8000+$1000 labor.
For the first week of ownership everything is OK, until one day..the car dealer phone me, and ask if i am interested on a pair of `spare' drive shaft, i felt so strange....i had a bad feeling about the phone call....is my parts been re-moved or ex-changed........at that moment...my car is still driving ok, two weeks later, i heard some knocking sound come out from my rear wheel, and the drive shaft really got a problem...and i truely believe someone had change my `drive shaft'.
And than...i call the car dealer, and i PRETEND i need to repair my NSX, he gave me the name of the work shop who got the spare part........

should i post their name out?

Maverickhk

HI~! Topman~!

Nice to meet you~! How's life in New York~!? I need to visit my U.S client 3 times per year...Is the shuttle bus station in China town moved? I need to take the shuttle bus from N.Y Chinatown to Boston's South station. I hope they are still in the same location.

Victor.S

Hi Victor! Nice to meet u 2, i think u should already knew hows NY since u come to US 3 times per year :biggrin: :biggrin:
Those shuttles r always there and they'll never die! Since they made tons of $ and there r lots of customers love their service :biggrin: .
By the way, hows the part price in AUS? I've heard parts in AUS r cheaper than in US alot, especially those JDM stuff.

Derrick

hey folks,

If you guys are meeting up anytime soon, I would love to come and meet some of the car guys around time... most of the car guys that I've met here are only interested in DC2R's or EVOS or STIs. Would love to chat with some of you guys.
Oh I'm in Tung Chung.

hey folks,

If you guys are meeting up anytime soon, I would love to come and meet some of the car guys around time... most of the car guys that I've met here are only interested in DC2R's or EVOS or STIs. Would love to chat with some of you guys.
Oh I'm in Tung Chung.

Hi Joe, i thought all SOS guys in US :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi Joe, i thought all SOS guys in US :biggrin: :biggrin:

HAHA,Yes that would be true. I used to work for SoS and I had recently moved to HK to experience the China market.

Too bad the dinner is this saturday, I have plans for my friends bday already... I'll be in LKF after dinner time on sat if anyone wants to hit me up.

sorry for late reply...

plans for car... Can you keep a secret? I can. hee hee

Great to see a HK nsx connection here. I had heard the old club had disolved. Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Back