• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda annouces intentions for a NSX successor

"...
< NSX successor >
We are now focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX for a new era. We would like to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V10 engine in 3 to 4 years. Please look forward to seeing the NSX successor. ..."

SOunds great, Lets wait for the first pictures!!

V10 How many horsepower does this car gets??

NSX engine now is 290 hp 290 hp : 6 cilinder is 48.33 hp / p cilinder x 10 cilinders of the new engine = 483 hp !!!!!! THat sound good !!!

greatings ronny

Very cool indeed... I wouldn't be surprise though if they release an earlier version with a V6 to prove out the rest of the car in production... maybe something a year earlier...

Awesome!!!
...a V10 huh...them are fightin words!!!! Maybe Acura can get back in the game after all.

Woah! I thought this was a hoax until I saw it on the official Honda site. :eek:

I woke up early today and thought I'd check out what's on Prime. I thought I was still dreaming when I read this. Truly great news indeed! Now let's write letters to Honda and let them know we are 110% behind them puttinga V-10 in this car! Don't just talk about it Honda. You can do it! I believe you!

I agree - I almost can't believe my eyes. I think they trial ballooned the Dualnote and HSC and realized that hybrid and V6 couldn't meet their performance goals or marketing goals. Still stunned.

Also interesting to read about there vision and their new airplane technology:

< HondaJet >
HondaJet will make its first public demonstration flight next week, July 28, at EAA AirVenture 2005, an annual exhibition of experimental aircraft, held in OshKosh, Wisconsin. Since its maiden flight in December 2003, HondaJet has taken numerous test flights. Total flight time to date has reached 150 hours, and HondaJet has so far achieved its maximum altitude of 13,000 meters and maximum speed of 728km/h. Honda will continue its testing efforts for HondaJet which improves fuel efficiency by 40% compared to existing aircrafts in its class by combining excellent aerodynamic performance with the high fuel efficiency of Honda’s HF118 engine.

I better go read that stock market thread and start some investments to afford this. Hard to imagine we have anything south of 100k with the R&D and performance they are planning for the next supercar (which I now wonder what they will call it).

matteni said:
(which I now wonder what they will call it).

Maybe they'll call it "NSX V2.0" :smile:

I'm not surprised since Toyota announced their next supercar to be equipped with a Formula-1 based V10. It would only follow that Honda would have to do the same to save face.

Speechless.

Holy moly. :eek:

Time to start saving the dough. And I'm going to plan on swapping that V10 in my 91. :smile:

nicholas421 said:
that's bad news for me. I don't see a V10 supercar going for under $100k (the Viper is not a supercar).
i look at it this way. honda could easily have made a V8 with 500 HP.
it could have gone into lots of vehicles.

the V10 is going to be very exclusive and very expensive.
they are trying to hit a home run here.
they will sell very few of them unless they make them in China.

IMHO this is a poor business strategy for Honda.
and i think Ferrari needs to start packing up and think about
expanding into designer jeans or something. they will be history.

I just reread the quote and it says they would "like" to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V-10 engine. I find that interesting. They didn't say they are developing a V-10 engine for their new car or they have a V-10 for the new car.

White92 said:
I just reread the quote and it says they would "like" to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V-10 engine. I find that interesting. They didn't say they are developing a V-10 engine for their new car or they have a V-10 for the new car.

Saw that too but I think it's just a translation issue...ICBW though.

3-4 years?? By that time the damn thing will be obsolete again. Honda's production cycles are their Achiles heel. Meanwhile, there are consumers out there getting older...

That will be bad news for me. I'll probably need to sell all my cars and motorcycles to buy the next gen NSX. :eek:
Anyone wants to buy two thousand sets of HID from me? :biggrin:
Steve

NetViper said:
I think I have died and gone to heaven :)

I was trying to beat you to this thread NetViper!

My post was going to be, "I think NetViper is going to wet himself!"

Don't feel bad I'm drying myself off as we speak :biggrin: Looks like I may not need a pea shooter in the future.

NetViper said:
I think I have died and gone to heaven :)

Go and see what the idiot Mako is saying on LP. First he says they are to conservative to do anything substantial and then said the Honda Jet would never be produced. Now he says 3 more years of delelopment is so long that it's a joke. Honda proved him wrong twice in 48 hours and that's all he's got to say. It'll take Lamborghini 15 years to catch up with the technology and reliability that Honda's V10 will make.

kgb_agent said:
3-4 years?? By that time the damn thing will be obsolete again. Honda's production cycles are their Achiles heel. Meanwhile, there are consumers out there getting older...

Personally I would rather see Honda take 3 or 4 years and do it right. Unlike some manufacturers who think of an idea, find the cheapest way to make it and throw it out into production the next year. The owners then have recall after recall thrown at them because the manufacturer is making the customer do all the real world testing for them.

Also, I don't know how a V-10 built by Honda could ever be obsolete. If they make it, I have a feeling it will be a much talked about engine for many many years to come. It won't be a "vanilla" V-10 engine. (if there is such a thing) If Honda is making it, that thing will be so technologically advanced, it will change everything.

isellpower said:
Go and see what the idiot Mako is saying on LP. First he says they are to conservative to do anything substantial and then said the Honda Jet would never be produced. Now he says 3 more years of delelopment is so long that it's a joke. Honda proved him wrong twice in 48 hours and that's all he's got to say. It'll take Lamborghini 15 years to catch up with the technology and reliability that Honda's V10 will make.

I like Mako. I think he just likes to start trouble. :) He loves his NSX deepdown. :biggrin:

After readin it, it does seem pretty clear of what their intentions are. I'm suprised they even addressed it as it lends them to some what of a commitment.

Back