• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda annouces intentions for a NSX successor

myf16 said:
I'm telling my wife to cancel all the birthday and Xmas presents for the next 4 years and save it for this. Besides, my son will need a car by then and the NSX would make a great hand-me-down.

Think my plan will work? What's yours?

Tell her to cancel my presents too. :smile:

myf16 said:
I'm telling my wife to cancel all the birthday and Xmas presents for the next 4 years and save it for this. Besides, my son will need a car by then and the NSX would make a great hand-me-down.

Think my plan will work? What's yours?

If four years of withholding presents would be enough to purchase the next NSX, I must say you folks have been buying VERY expesive presents! :biggrin:

While I can understand all the joy in NSX land as usual the glass is half full again with a statements from the motherland. Good news..........yes, but also a dissapointment in the time frame they are projecting. Someone early in this thread mentioned "trial balloons" like the duelnote and HSC. Trial balloons are political in nature and used when you have no direction or leadership. With all due respect to Mr. whats his name. Your late to the show by 3-4 years. We should have new car now, they don't have one and if they ever build it will if deliver the goods b/c the parent company is not proactive in the segment of the market.

Mean while some NSX owners will have moved on to other HP rides while waiting for statements to be backed up with actual product and lost enterest in a new NSX b/c they enjoy what the NSX could have already given them in other makes. I miss my NSX and still think its a great car, but moving on to more HP isn't hard....... memories do fade. I wonder if I will consider a purchase of this car if its produced or will my memory be greyer even more so after another 3-4 more years of waiting.

Who knows Tom,but if the new car looks swoopy enough and has an f1 inspired v10 with pneumatic valvetrain ,variable everything,and a waranty,I'll bite :biggrin: I just hope Taitec has a new lightwieght exhaust for it :tongue:

I hear what you are saying Tom, but hp is not everything to everyone. In fact for me, it's probably on the lower half of my list. Alot of people are Honda fans because of quality, fit and finish, everyday driveabilty, low maintenance costs, etc...

If Honda can do all of the above AND throw in a V-10, groundbreaking engineering and design into the mix, I'm sure lot's will bite. Sure you can get high hp elsewhere, but that's not all that matters.

Four long years....
Let's see....that would be a 2009 introduction of a 2010 model next NSX.
Where would the horsepower figures for M3, 911, Corvette, Ferrari, Nissan GTR etc. be by that time?

I feel that Honda by sitting on their behinds for the past 15 years in terms of the NSX are already too late to the party. They want to join the party 4 years hence, with what they say will be a "super sports car" :rolleyes: . Do they mean the kind of sports cars that others are offering RIGHT NOW :frown:

Maybe they are just screwing with us and will release it late next year as an 08 model? I find it hard to believe that they just realized they need to start working on this.

Re: Huh?

Ojas said:
Yeah - Just like the NSX, which began the research phase in 1984, was obsolete 6 years later when it was launched. :rolleyes:

I don’t understand the point you are trying to make about Honda. Just how long do you think it takes to bring a supercar, or even an average passenger car, to market?

My point is that the NSX has been stagnant since 2002. Honda knows this. I know this. You know this. It has become a past performer, not a contender. Other marques snicker at 290hp. A Honda minivan has, what, 265hp? Search this very site for old posts about the next NSX and you will see many of the same names stating the same things 2-3 years ago. There has been zero tangible progress. Honda's 3-4 year R&D phase should have started 3+ years ago.

Tom Larkins said:
While I can understand all the joy in NSX land as usual the glass is half full again with a statements from the motherland. Good news..........yes, but also a dissapointment in the time frame they are projecting. Someone early in this thread mentioned "trial balloons" like the duelnote and HSC. Trial balloons are political in nature and used when you have no direction or leadership. With all due respect to Mr. whats his name. Your late to the show by 3-4 years. We should have new car now, they don't have one and if they ever build it will if deliver the goods b/c the parent company is not proactive in the segment of the market.

Mean while some NSX owners will have moved on to other HP rides while waiting for statements to be backed up with actual product and lost enterest in a new NSX b/c they enjoy what the NSX could have already given them in other makes. I miss my NSX and still think its a great car, but moving on to more HP isn't hard....... memories do fade. I wonder if I will consider a purchase of this car if its produced or will my memory be greyer even more so after another 3-4 more years of waiting.

My thoughts exactly.

ok

kgb_agent said:
My point is... Honda's 3-4 year R&D phase should have started 3+ years ago.
Fair enough - I did not disagree with this point. But it’s clear that your first post, the one to which I replied, stated something very different.

White92 said:
Maybe they are just screwing with us and will release it late next year as an 08 model? I find it hard to believe that they just realized they need to start working on this.

you are correct. I know for a fact that they started working on this project at least 2 years ago. I would speculate they started working on it around 2001.

apapada said:
you are correct. I know for a fact that they started working on this project at least 2 years ago. I would speculate they started working on it around 2001.

Hi

"Know for a fact"

I bite... :)

Where do you have your facts from?

Regards

Re: V10 swap in CRX, lol...!

apapada said:
Most people here hear "V10" and probably think of a conventional V10 engine. Remember how advanced for it's time the C30A engine was (variable intake runners, VTEC, Titanium Con Rods,...) ?

I've posted it before on this forum somewhere, that I was told this "V10" will be just as amazing as the V6 was in 1991. I do not have many details from my sources, but when the NSX's successor drivetrain is qualified as an "amazing engine", I have every reason to believe them.

Correction: what's underlined was never shared publicly. It was actually mentionned in a pm to Netviper during Nov'2003 (see below for proof).

Attachments

• pm2.jpg
    pm2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 621
martin said:
Hi

"Know for a fact"

I bite... :)

Where do you have your facts from?

Regards

See my previous post. I did find out a few months before this post (Sept'2003) and usually Honda has already been working for a couple on years on such programs when I find out about it...

Honda-ronny said:
V10 How many horsepower does this car gets??

NSX engine now is 290 hp 290 hp : 6 cilinder is 48.33 hp / p cilinder x 10 cilinders of the new engine = 483 hp !!!!!! THat sound good !!!
Porsche Carrera GT has a V10 engine. 600+ hp NA!

apapada said:
Correction: what's underlined was never shared publicly. It was actually mentionned in a pm to Netviper during Nov'2003 (see below for proof).

Damn, you are keeping PM's from a long time ago! :) I remember you talking about the V10. I am glad it is coming true. And as you can see, I can keep a secret. :wink:

However, that shows us that they were thinking about a V10 2 years ago, so I would have thought they would have one by now???

NetViper said:
Damn, you are keeping PM's from a long time ago! :) I remember you talking about the V10. I am glad it is coming true. And as you can see, I can keep a secret. :wink:

that OR... just because you thought what I was saying was BS

NetViper said:
However, that shows us that they were thinking about a V10 2 years ago, so I would have thought they would have one by now???

Like I said here it is not going to be "just another V10". Keep an open mind !!!

Why can't some people just read my posts :confused:

apapada said:
that OR... just because you thought what I was saying was BS

Like I said here it is not going to be "just another V10". Keep an open mind !!!

Why can't some people just read my posts :confused:

First one was obviously a joke!

I think that the NSX successor is a lot closer to release then Honda lets on. Considering the facts

1 Takeo Fukui is a racing enthusiast. In 2003 he stated that he would like to have the next nsx released soon, within the next few years and said that the HSC is a realistic proposal.

2 A few years ago, Honda engineers visited US owners conducting research into what owners were looking for in the next NSX.

3 Honda has been involved in F1 since 2000. The announcement of the V10 would follow the belief that they were developing the next gen nsx way before F1 ever annouced their intentions of going with the V8.

4 I don't think that Honda would announce their intentions of a V10 so early and allow their competitors to make strategies to counter Honda's plans.

Bottom line, Next gen NSX soon then later.

demigod said:
http://www.sportscartesting.com/news/none/id254/pg923

Don't know if anyone has came across this before. I wonder if the car will look like this.

Sportscartesting.com also had these photos. The article was from 2001 and it stated that Honda was in a race to buid the V10. So I agree with those who feel that the new NSX is closer than later.
The tail end reminds me of the Lotus Elise and the side "gills" are very Saleen S7. It kills me to wait to see what the final version will look like. I just hope it stays as low as the current NSX. I hate what they did to the C6 Vette, although a sharper and edgier car, it looks stubby next to a C5.

http://www.sportscartesting.com/news/honda/id63/pg276#

Here is one other photo from a European magazine, cant translate it but an interesting photo none the less.

http://www.leblogauto.com/honda/

(mid page)

Last edited:
That looks pretty sexy.

nsx_1_2.jpg

Back