• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda CEO Confirms NSX Replacement

http://carbuzz.com/news/2011/9/21/R...-NSX-and-Hot-Hatch-2012-Civic-Type-R-7704904/

http://carbuzz.com/Honda/Honda CEO Takanobu Ito confirmed last week at the 2011 Frankfurt Show that the NSX supercar's successor is in the works and a new 2012 Civic Type R hot hatch is also planned.You can add these two nuggets to the treasure trove of new information being released at Germany's premier auto event.The new NSX supercar is expected to be eco-friendly and possibly run a hybrid powertrain similar to the CR-Z.

"I spent part of my early career at Honda developing the NSX, and specifically the aluminum body. I really enjoyed the experience and learned much, so my wish is that Honda engineers have the experience of developing a sports car like the NSX in the future. Within Honda, our engineers are already looking at developing such a car," said Ito to the blokes at Autocar UK.The NSX replacement originally surfaced in 2003 with their prototype that was displayed at the Tokyo Motor Show. The HSC concept was scheduled for production in 2010 but was cancelled because of the economic crisis.

Ito further elaborated on the new NSX, saying "The original NSX was about high power but also about good driving experience. Today power-to-weight is what we have to focus on. The NSX was known for its aluminum body, so when we develop our new sports car we don't want to copy Ferrari for power, but to also chase efficiency as well."The 2012 Civic Type R hot hatch is in development, according to chief engineer Mitsuru Kariya. He said "The performance version is already under discussion. We know the Type R was a big success, and we are looking for a car developed in that direction. Whether it will be called Type R is not certain though."

A new NSX and hot hatch Civic Type R is great news to us here at CarBuzz, as we loved the originals. Hopefully the Japanese automaker decides to release them sooner rather than later.

the question is, will it be released in in the US

Also I will say the Europe's Civic looks 10x better than the US version, I just don't understand those people at Honda.

They spend the money to develop ZDX, an unnecessary cross over and a sales flop and they now realize they need a car like NSX in their line up for the enthusiasts and get their brand image back.

All Japanese car makers have lost their edge over the years to even the Koreans, not to mention the big guys at Germany.

I will believe him when I see the car on the showroom floor with a Monroney label on it. Wait, scratch that. I will believe him when I see a new NSX used car price entry in the NADA book.
Steve

here it is :tongue:

2010-honda-nsx.jpg

yeah, definitely...

slr-mclaren-cutaway.jpg

Last edited:
Woosh over the head... as sporteknik posted, that "HSV" pic is actually a photoshopped SLR Mclaren.

This thread is a super repost.

Back