• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda Fit: Best review ever for a $13k car?

I picked up a storm silver sport auto w/ the paddle shifters. I also called around and had the same response $500 to $3k!! over msrp. Finally found a dealership that would sell it at MSRP for a car that was expected. However, I showed up when it came in and they added a couple of accessories w/o my request. I ended up taking the car anyway but will write a letter to Honda. It's no wonder they are known as "stealers". Car is a blast to drive esp. w/ the paddle shifters. Up steep hills are difficult of course. Plenty of storage and decent gas mileage...still no regrets.

Jeff

I am consdiering my first ever daily driver - does anyone know if the Fit will also be available in a smaller 3-door version? The reviews I am reading compare it to small minivans, definitely not the size class I am looking for. ;)

burbel said:
I am consdiering my first ever daily driver - does anyone know if the Fit will also be available in a smaller 3-door version? The reviews I am reading compare it to small minivans, definitely not the size class I am looking for. ;)
Go see it in person...

I own a 2007 Fit. Trust me it is nowhere near a minivan. I believe they are comparing it to the cargo area of a minivan/suv. It is truly amazing what the engineers did to maximize cargo space in this. My wife returned from Target recently w/ 3 good size pre made cabinets in the Fit...cool. They all fit in the 2nd row of seats (flipped up) w/o issue.

Check it out in person.

Jeff

I'm trying to find a dealer that has one of these somewhere within the Austin area - so far no luck getting callbacks, apparently these cars are moving fast. Update : if I placed or order today, I could get one in January. And there are none at the dealership that I could look at. The sales manager also said that this was bigger than the Honda Insight, but smaller in footprint than a Civic.

minervoflorida said:
Wait till you see the 5 door hatchback with the new Honda turbo diesel, soo cool, go to Honda Uk.com, can't wait.

I wasn't able to find the info based on your reference. Can you post a link? thanks!

They're selling for higher than MSRP at auction. Haven't seen that happen in a few years for any car (except for a handful of exotics...and the FJ Cruiser).

Best selling car in Thailand. Tons of mods for this car back home. From reading this thread, I'm surprised it was even compared to a minivan. It is pretty tiny looking.

I need to go see one. I'm shopping for a daily driver that gets excellent gas mileage plus rear seats can be folded down.

How does this car match up against the Prius or Scion in your opinion in regards to cargo room?

Stick-e-rice said:
Best selling car in Thailand. Tons of mods for this car back home. From reading this thread, I'm surprised it was even compared to a minivan. It is pretty tiny looking.

How does this car match up against the Prius or Scion in your opinion in regards to cargo room?

I got a ride in the Jazz in Thailand a few weeks ago (same car as the fit). I thought about trading my xB in for a Fit as I heard it was roomy as an xB but that proved to be completely untrue. It's roomy for it's size no doubt and is more comparable to the xA. I did feel less cramped sitting in the back of an xA.

I'm in a dilemma. My brothers have gone towards Kei type cars. I'm also shopping for one. I came down to two favourites Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit (Jazz). Can anybody recommend which one to get. I'm looking at the automatic transmission and also the liftback ones.

Jin1976 said:
I'm in a dilemma. My brothers have gone towards Kei type cars. I'm also shopping for one. I came down to two favourites Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit (Jazz). Can anybody recommend which one to get. I'm looking at the automatic transmission and also the liftback ones.

I have driven the the yaris and have only sat in a fit (a friend was test driving). I can tell you that they feel so much different and if you plan to go with the yaris, DON'T, it drives like a big van, whereas the fit feels very ergonomic with tonnes of room with very responsive throttle and steering. Go test drive them, you'll see what I mean.

I will reiterate, the Fit is well thought out ergonomically. It handles well. It is just a little underpowered but not struggling by no means. I would repeat the purchase if I had a choice.

Jeff

I requested for a Fit brochure from Honda's website, and was quite impressed when I got it in the mail. I am satisfied with the range of available colors, but it's hard for me to choose one. The best part was the HFP(Honda Factory Performance) package that Honda offers as an accessory.

Are there any news for a refined 2008 model? I am planning to purchase the Fit after my graduation, and use it as a daily driver.

large15.jpg

I've got my fit for a little almost 2 months now. Mine is an automatic sport version. I like the car alot, it's definitely one of the better handling FWD for the price.
Jin, i think most of the asian market Fit are equipped with a 7 speed CVT. I've been told that the CVT tranny on fits aren't really reliable in long term.
Here is a nice video of Best Motoring comparing a few popular k-cars in Japanese market.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2fff3325-ff47-466f-8807-984d00ef36d8.htm

Cool...congrats. Someone at work wants to buy my DD Toyota Yaris. I've only had it for about 6mos, but I feel like I betrayed Honda, so I may have to unload it for a Fit or Civic. Is $500 under MSRP a good price?

wife surprised me today with a white fit, 5spd. got it for $500 under msrp. loads of fun.

$500 under MSRP??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That truly IS a surprise. We were looking for one back in September 2006 and the cheapest we could find was $1500 over MSRP. :mad:

Congrats! They look like fun daily drivers! :smile:

she was able to get it for under msrp because the car had 170 miles on the clock. the salesguy told her that honda tests every so many Fits. i don't know if he was BSing her, but i don't mind a few miles for $500 in my pocket.

I'm thinking of doing a Fit-R conversion :biggrin:

fitrja2.jpg

Last edited:
Back